Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days, 30 Reasons to be Thankful...

So, it's that NoBloPoMo month again!!!!!  And, I've decided to modify it for my purposes.... this month, I am going to blog each day about something I am thankful for! November is the month of Thanksgiving and I cannot imagine a better way to spend each day than writing about all amazing GOOD things in my life. All the blessings that surround me each and EVERY day!!!!!!

I am also doing this publicly on Facebook. Each day my status will be something I am thankful for.  The status and the blog post will match each day.... so if you see something interesing in my status, you might want to head over to the blog to see just WHY I might be thankful for that particular thing today!

Today I am thankful for Starbucks........  :-)

I am thankful for Starbucks because starting at exactly 11:47 pm, my son was up almost every freakin' hour last night!!!! (I was in bed and asleep before 10, myself!)  And, the one time I DID have a two/three hour stretch without him.... I couldn't fall back asleep!!!!  I literally got no sleep last night!!!!!!!  So, today, I am 100% thankful for that glorious hot beverage. It the only thing keeping me going!!!

Halloween is just too much to bear for Luke.  The candy, specifically, the chocolate apparently makes him a  rabid beast!!!  He must have had 9 or 10 chocolate bars or M&Ms yesterday.  Probably more.  He has SUCH a sweet tooth!  Ally can totally take or leave it. She hardly every asks for candy.... or even finishes a cupcake.  She's more like me in that regard.  I am not a big sweets person.... give me a bag of chips anyday!

So, starting with a trip to Nana's for our first "trick or treat" of the season.... Luke just inhaled chocolate like it might run away from him and never come around again.  He ate it like he needed it to sustain life!  It was wild!  We had to put the bowl of candy we had for the trick or treaters up in between each knock on the door because Luke literally couldn't control himself.  Every time I turned around, he was shoving a cholcolate bar in his little face!  He was covered in it. 

The only thing I can think is that chocolate contains caffeine and he was essentially the equvilent of an adult after a few espresso shots. He doesn't eat a lot of chocolate regularly, and he certainly hasn't acquired a taste for coffee as of yet.... so his little body was full of more caffeine than ever maybe???  I say this because he didn't have any real REASON for being up.   Nothing hurt.  He wasn't really upset... he just looked WIDE awake every time I went in there!!!!!  :-))))))) I wonder if he slept at all??????

He is so funny in themiddle of the night. I go in and ask what's wrong each time, try to do what I can without staying too long or making it seem like there's hope of him being allowed to get up....and I tend to his needs and say "It's time to lsleep now.  Luke needs his sleep.  Mommy needs her sleep."  And he always looks up with his baby blues and says "okay mommy...."  And I think he really tried each time, he was just AWAKE!

Ugh.  I need to go downstairs and get more coffee!  I am doubly thankful for Starbucks here at work!  :-)  I swear I am powered by coffee more often than not... but I imagine just about every parent says that!!!!!

What are YOU thankful for today????

1 comment:

Katie said...

LOL!! I know it's SO NOT funny to have children awake ALL night...I do feel for ya girl! But, I'm just imagining you telling this story and am totally cracking up for some reason....haha!! Sorry, I'm evil! ;))