Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day Four: I am Thankful for Days with my Little Man...

I went down to part-time this past March... for many, many reasons!!!!  One, I wanted to be able to be home with Ally each day after school.  She was previously going to my in-laws each day after school, and as my little lady has a tough time with transitions, this meant two transitions each day. One, to Nana's house from school and then, home after being at Nana's.  Not to mention, I was getting home after 6 each day and THEN starting dinner, homework and the night routine of bath and bed.  Then, my actual job changed a bit to allow me to do such a thing... plus, you all know how I feel about my boss by now.  Less time there, meant more sanity for me!  ;-)

All those things though.. those job things just ended up being blessings.  It all worked in to the perfect storm that allowed and encouraged me to go part-time because it has been the best thing that we have done for our family and as long as I can remember!  Our lives have completely changed for the better.  Our evenings are not as hectic. More often than not, I can have dinner made before Scott gets home.  We can handle the after school activities because I am available to take Ally to them.  Then, there are my WHOLE days off, spent just me and Luke (until we go get Ally at 3 or so).

I love these days (Thursdays and Fridays) just he and I.  It gives us some time just US.... and allows me to get some extra things done... or spend some time with friends.... or have play dates.... whatever we may want to do each day!  It's the perfect combination for me.  I don't think I could ever stay home all five days a week. I give those girls who do some MAJOR kudos!!!  I like my time at work, using my brain, feeling good about myself, and most of all, interacting with my work friends whom I cherish.   I think some day I might go back full time... I assume I will.... but for now, this works best for our lives and our family!

So, today, I am thankful for these days off with my little man (aka - Luke!)  :-)

PS - I hope you enjoy the new blog look - thanks to the fabulous and talented, Nicole Barczak!!!

1 comment:

Urquhart Family said...

LOVE the new blog look, Nicki!!!!