Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day Twenty-One: I am Thankful for Girlfriends...

I wrote earlier in the month about how thankful I was to be a girl... and this is truly one of the reasons:  Girlfriends!  I cannot imagine not having a good, solid group of girlfriends to share life's ups and downs with. And I have some of the BEST!!!!!

I have a core group of girls.  "My Girls."  They know everything about me.  EVERYTHING.  And yet, they love me just the same.  Maybe even more because they know I am about as imperfect as they come.  They have been my closest friends for 16 years.  One of them, even MORE because she and I started out as high school friends.  Holy shit!!!!  That's a long time!  We've been together through boyfriends, breakups, marriages, the births of babies, the loss of babies, the loss of parents, and a whole hell of a lotta laughs!!!!  We've all lived in same town... we've all lived in different towns and different states... hell, one of us lived in another country for a while.  Nothing changed. Our friendship remained.  I can't imagine anything happening to diminish my friendship with these three girls.  They are my family.  My sisters.  My first phone call in time of need.  My first phone call in time of happiness.  My life would be a big empty hole without them...........

Then, there are the numerous other girlfriends in my life. Just as important in their own way... they all provide support of different kinds. There are the other moms in Jackson that I have gotten to know through my sister-in-law, blogging and playdates.  I am looking forward to a gathering of these moms tonite!  They share motherhood's ups and downs with me... and are often my sounding board and support in times of kid trouble!!!!

There's family... the women... the girls in my family, my sisters, sisters-in-law, mothers, mother-in-law, grandmothers, aunts and cousins.  They are each girlfriends in their own way.... and provide endless support to me.

There are some amazing girls that I have gotten to know at work..... my bestest bud at work who I shop with, laugh with and bitch with. Can't imagine not knowing her.

I smile when I think of all these girls in my life.  I am amazed that in time of any sort of need... any at all... I would never be alone.  All summer long, all it took was a facebook shout out... "I'm going to Nixon... who's in?"  And girls would be there.  I love the girlfriend network...... and can't imagine a life without it......

I am blessed to be surrounded by amazing women...... most of whom, are reading this post right now!  I love you all.  :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you too Nicki

Nicole said...

I agree... girlfriends are the best. I can't imagine life without them.

It was great to see you last night! You'll have to come Pseudo-Scrap (ahem... drink) with us more often!!

Nicole said...

OH! And I'm glad you figured out the public blog for your private blog HAHA! I keep forgetting to hop over here and read. I need Google Reader Updates!