Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day Seven: I am Thankful for the Sunny Day...

I'm gonna be really honest here... I wanted to say that today I wasn't thankful for a damn thing cuz I was having one of those days... and was in one of those moods.  Yesterday wasn't a great day... Scott and I were snapping at one another... the kids were especially cranky.... and things were just off around here.  We had a school fundraiser last night and, while it was fun, unfortunately our moods didn't allow our hearts to be in it and we didn't enjoy our night out as much as I hoped we might.  So, this morning was just a continuation of yesterday it seemed.

Scott needed a break from the kids.  He was just in a mood and couldn't cope and I could just tell he needed some time.... so I took the kids to Jungle Java.  Oh, let me mention this: my freakin' cold is back. So, feeling like an absolute pile of poo... I dragged my kids to the loudest place on earth cuz they really needed a place to run around like the monkey's they are!  We hit Jungle Java and then, the park cuz by late afternoon, it was almost 60....

So.... the kids got out and Scott got his much needed day.... and well, I was just cranky about it!  In my attempt to try to do what everyone else needed me to do, I didn't handle it as well as I should... and I was and still am just pissed cuz this sinus thing is kicking my butt with its coming and going all the time!!!  Add to that, Luke is coughing up a storm AGAIN and I want to SCREAM!!!!  No more colds!!!!!!!!!  :-(

I am thankful for the sunny day though.  Let's say it was grey and cloudy today... just think how my mood would have been then!?!  ;-)

Tomorrow is a new day..... and I am hoping it is a better one.... today ended on a good note. The kids were amazing this evening. Playing happily. Going to bed without fuss.  The time out and about did them good.  So, this month of thankfulness is at least not allowing me to wallow in my misery and feel sorry for myself!!!  Onward... no time to be down.... just remember all I have to be thankful for!!!

2 comments:

Russ and Karen Gaston said...

I'm with ya on being OVER the colds. Its November, come on! Sorry to hear your day sucked, I'm sure the kids had a blast at Java Jungle though. You're brave, I'm not sure I would take on that challenge myself. Head up...tomorrow is Monday...the best day of the week right?! :) lol

Kathy said...

Hang in there sweetheart....It was sweet of you to take the kids away for awhile...I hope Scott appreciated it!