Scott and I are off all week together! Hooray! It feels so good to not have to go into work... especially when we are BOTH off at the same time. I know, I know... I have many days I don't have to work. But it's just different when Scott is home too. Feels more special because it doesn't happen so often! It also makes me feel like it's Christmas and the holiday season in general because we always take the weeks around Christmas off together.
So..... I am doubly thankful..... cuz Christmas is just around the corner! I love, love, love this time of the year. Johnny Mathis said it best.... it IS the most wonderful time of the year!!!!! I love the Christmas decorations out in stores, the red Starbucks Christmas cups, the music, the smells, the shopping, and just the general feeling of this season. I am always so happy this time of year. I love giving gifts... finding the perfect gift for everyone! Wrapping presents. Buying the kids Christmas jammies! Oh how I love Christmas jammies!!!! It's a silly little thing... I know... but I just love them. I wonder how long I can get away with making them wear matching jammies? :-)) Gymboree makes adult sizes, so I figure I can totally do this into Ally's teenage years.
This morning, Scott and I each ran some errands... so technically we weren't home, HOME together... but we are now. He is playing with Luke in the basement. Luke is currently attached to a dollhouse that Santa brought for Ally years ago. I am certain he has played with it more in this past month than she EVER has. The dollhouse and his train set (also a gift for Ally from Santa!) are his two loves right now!
Ally has gymnastics after school and is taken by another mom so we don't even have anyplace to be until 5:30. I might go watch her today though... we shall see how I feel. I am still fairly motivated to clean, clean OUT and organize... so I plan to get to that in a moment. I am also gearing up for Christmas shopping and in full list mode! I have all my nieces and nephew done and even a couple things each for the kids! Yay me. :-) I am trying not to go overboard on the kids this year..... but we shall see how that pans out.
Very much looking forward to the week ahead and enjoying every moment! Looking forward to seeing Scott's brother and sister in law and our niece and nephew tomorrow night too! A good week indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment