Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day Twenty-Eight: I am Thankful for Patience...

Although I wish I had some more most days and today in particular.  Ugh.  Luke just woke up a HUGE grouch.  Total stinker.  From the moment his eyes opened, he was mad at the world.  We attempted going to church. What a freakin' disaster!  He had promised he would be good and quiet.  He was SO NOT!  He was as bad as he's ever been at church. Well, since the incident on Christmas Eve last year anyway. ;-)

I'm beginning to wonder if it's Scott.  ;-)  He's seriously really good when just I take him! It's really odd.  Maybe he senses that Scott is about to blow every time because he's just waiting for Luke to loose it and he is totally mortified. I guess... I understand that shit happens. Kids will be kids.  You take him out. It's not the end of the world.

Needless to say..... Luke did not make it through mass. Scott had to take him out of the church......

So, we get home and Luke is still being impossible... and on the way home Ally is so mad that he ruined her experience that she's in a mood too. Neither one of them want to come home. They hate home.  Home is boring.  Ugh.

Is it totally wrong that I am so hurt when she says that? ( Luke, I understand... he's too young to even realize what he's saying )  I feel like I work fairly hard at making sure our home is one of peace. Comfy.  Has what everyone needs. But, it's never enough for her it seems.

So, during lunch, I told her to amend her Christmas List to include those things that will make her WANT to be HOME! Things she will say "I can't wait to get home and play with *fill in the blank!*"

She pretty much sucked at it..... but she tried.  She ended up deleting a bunch of things she said she didn't want anymore.  Luckily, nothing I had purchased!  And added books..... and I think that's about it.  We're still working on it.

Oh - she just informed me she added "some clothes" and a laptop.  Nice.

Kids.

Luke finally went down for a nap after giving all sorts of grief.  We are going through another "I don't ever want to go to sleep" phase... which always seem to coincide with when he seems to need sleep the most!  He is tired and grumpy.  I am giving the benefit of the doubt here, as we had a hell of a week with schedules. He was up all hours of the night. And sleeping at odd times.  Need to work hard to get back on schedule this week.......

Back to work tomorrow... and I'm ready.  ;-)  Looking forward to getting back into a routine.  Looking forward to the week! It's a busy one!  Just a couple days of work for me.... then, I'm having a pedicure the morning of my bday and a girlie lunch planned by some great girls.... then, I will get Ally... and the evening is uncertain.  Of all the weeks.... Scott has a three day meeting in Lansing.... so he might be staying up there.... there's talk of me going with him for my bday, but we shall see.  Hate to mess with the weekly schedule and who might get Ally to school. December 2nd is her First Reconcilliation in the evening, so it's a pretty important day!

Friday, she has a birthday sleepover with her bestest buds...... and I am working an event at the school.  Saturday..... can I say that I cannot WAIT until Saturday......?!?  SOMERSET DAY with my sister and mother-in-law.......... a day of fabulous shopping.... lunching... coffee drinking... sushi eating and wine!  So, while Birthday Week is definitely starting out slow and shitty..... it promises to pick up!  :-)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey Nic! Love the blog layout! Just added your public blog to my reader so i can keep up! :) we should meet up sometime!