But, each night after, both kids were great about coming home and going to bed. I think they were just so tired sleep finally sounded like a good option!!!!!!!
Yesterday was a busy day! We got up bright and early to start the turkey we were taking for dinner.... got the kids around (while watching the Thanksgiving Day parade!) and got to my Grandma's around noon to visit with my mom and step dad for a bit. Luke was a stinker and fell asleep in the car on the way home - thank god! I dropped Ally off at my in-laws since everyone was starting to arrive... and came home to help Scott with the final preparations... stuffing... potatoes and turkey were our contributions to the dinner. OH, and wine. Of course. :-)
Luke slept in the car for about an hour and a half... and we made our way to McIntosh's for dinner at 3. The house was chock full of some of our favorite people... and there were plenty of kids to go around. 10 under the age of 9 I do believe!!!! It's so nice for the kids, when there are so many kids!
I love all Scott's Aunts and Uncles... so we had a great time visiting with them. Dinner was amazing. All the food was amazing and delicious! I ate FAR TOO MUCH! I couldn't even eat pie for hours and hours... so I hid a piece in a closet so as to save myself one. :-)))) Adam did too! :-)))) We are so mature.
A very nice day indeed..... and now, we appear to be recovering. Taking it easy at home. Tonight, we are going to a reception for my cousin Joe, who is an amazing artist. He is having a show at Art 634 in Jackson, so many of my family and friends will be gathering there this evening... and going out after! A happy, happy weekend filled with lots and lots of people I love!!!!!!
Snippets of Warm Memories from Thanksgiving:
- Luke reaching over to grab my hand when he saw Santa on the TV while watching the Thanksgiving Day parade. He was in total awe.. and just reached out for me in the sweetest way.
- Ally and Luke jumping and dancing on my bed to Christmas songs while I tried to get dressed.
- Scott and I enjoying an hour of alone time before going to his parents'.... and the yummy wine we shared.
- Luke and Grace running around without their pants....
- Ally crying real tears of sadness when we had to say goodbye to Natalie.
- Watching Luke and Evan play cars together.
- Ally running to hug Grandpa Dave as soon as she saw him.
- Luke and Ally's matching "Ho Ho" jammies.
- The kids all wrestling with Daddy (or Uncle Scott) on the floor.
- Watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving.
- Luke asking Uncle Mark "do you want to play with me?"
- Luke asking Uncle Adam to read him books... And Uncle Adam reading to him by the fireplace.
- Inappropriate conversation of what to send Kyle (cousin in the Marines) for Christmas. HAHA!
- Planning the first annual "McIntosh Mexican Christmas Eve!"
1 comment:
I love your snippets. :)
Post a Comment