I will be the first to admit it... I detest cleaning!!! Hate it. On the flip side, I love and NEED a clean house. I feel completely overwhelmed when my house is a mess. In order to maintain my sanity.... I have almost always had a cleaning lady. I am not ashamed to admit it!
I read an article in Parenting once that was about lessons learned from your Mom.... one woman talked about how her Mom taught her to "never do the things in life you don't REALLY want to do...." Of course, there are always times we HAVE to do things we don't want to do.... but she went on to talk about how her Mom always told her that it was always worth it to pay someone else to do the time consuming activities that don't give you joy... and spend that time doing something that DOES!
Some poeple really get a lot of fulfillment out of cleaning their own house. They wear it like a badge of honor.... and I respect that! I get it. I am just not one of those people! I have my house cleaned every other week and it costs me $50/week. That's $100 month to never vacuum, scrub, dust, mop, or clean my toilet. It is worth much more than that to me!!!!!!!!!!!! The bi-weekly cleaning also inspires me to do a deeper clean now and again. When I come home to a super clean house... and everything is in its place... I can then see something that I really want and need to do..... and I will take the time to focus on that.
I love it. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Cleaning ladies are worth their weight in gold. :-) Especially a good one you have a good relationship with! Once they start to know your house and how you live in it... they know just how and what they need to clean. My cleaning lady told me she actually gets a lot of joy out of knowing that she's helping mothers of young children so they can do the important things. She looked around at my playroom and pointed to Ally's art and said "that's what you should be doing with your kids.... not cleaning your bathroom."
Have I told you how much I love her??? :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment