Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day Sixteen: I am Thankful for Music in my Life...

I love, love, love music. Always have and imagine I always will!  I can remember always listening to music as a kid. My first stereo/record player, I got when I was only 8.  A nice and REAL stereo!!!  My first album:  Air Supply's Greatest Hits.  Oh yeah. I was cool.  :-)

I remember doing everything to music... cleaning... my homework, picking up my room.... music put me to sleep... and kept me going in the morning when I had to get up and go!  It still does!  There's a little radio in my bathroom and I listen to it each and every morning as I am getting ready to leave for work or start my day.  I cannot shower without music.  When I am cooking in the kitchen, you guesssed it... music is playing!  What on earth would we do in our cars without the radio?

The greatest invention for me has really been the iPod and iTunes.  I was making playlists before I knew what a playlist WAS!!!  Mixed tapes were my first loves!  I made them ALL THE TIME!  I made them for friends, for boyfriends, for family members.... and of course, for myself!  I loved making mix tapes and today, I love making playlists!  It's sure a whole lot faster and easier!!!!

I wanted the car I  have because it had the hardware to play my iPod built into it.  I can control my iPod via the car controls... it's like just my music hard drive.  We don't even have a CD player in our house.  Just three iPods, two iPhones, an iPad and a MacBook with enough music on it that I could not listen to the same song twice for more than a week, straight.

Have I mentioned I love music?  :-)

I especially love LIVE music.... going to a concert is defintely one of my very favorite things to do!  It combines hanging out with other people and talking... with listening to music! The perfect combo in my opinion!!!

Yesterday, when Luke and I got home..... he was a FREAKIN' mess. The transition sucks each and every freakin' day.  He usually throws a fit when I get to Nana and Papa's to pick him up... and sometimes the fit lasts until we get home.  Like yesterday.  So, I let him cry it out for a while, and go about my business... and I put some music on.  Damn if he doesn't climb up onto the couch and completely fall into a trance and calm down when he hears the muisc.  We laid for a bit together and I tried to talk to him about his fit.  Of course, reasoning with an almost three year old is tough, but I feld better.  :-)  And, our night went on calm as can be.  He even went to bed (early!) without a word of complaint.

Ally always went to sleep to music as a baby... to this day, she loves music as much as I do probably.  We all really love having music on......

Music calms me and gets me going....... it's the perfect companion.... and I am thankful for it each and every day!!!!!!!

2 comments:

kwimsatt said...

I am glad that you love your music. I am a total music idiot. I love this yin and yang difference in us :) And I will always remember (well, what I can of it) our super fun concert experience...Steve Miler Band!!! lol Memories...

Leslie Collins said...

We love music over here, too.