Thursday, November 11, 2010

Taking the Day...

Today, I am taking the day off.  Yes, my kids are here (Ally only had a half day and Scott took his lunch hour to bring her home for me).... but I am doing the bare minimum.  I'm not so much on strike as just taking a mental health day.  ;-)

I am attending to their needs... yes... but I am telling them they need to play on their own. They need to entertain themselves. And the TV is off limits.  I have made breakfast for Luke... lunch for them both... then, then have been outside for a couple hours, building with blocks that don't belong outside... but I don't care. They are playing. They are happy. They are leaving me alone.

I will put Luke down for a nap soon and tell Ally she has to do something quietly... and I am going to lay down myself.  I have been sipping tea. Reading off and on.  And smiling at them every now and again... but forcing them to do as much for themselves as possible.

Tonight, my mom is going to come get Ally and take her to my Grandma's where she is staying... Ally is dying to see her and she just got to town last night.

Tomorrow, I will attend Ally's parent/teacher conference, and after that... I will be back.  Day off over. We will go to the Treehouse or do something fun.. and I will live my day for them once again... but today... everyone is going to give mommy a break come hell or highwater.  :-)  And you know what... that is totally OKAY!!!!!

Hey moms out there.... have you taken the day off lately?????  :-)

1 comment:

It's A Wonderful Life said...

Good for you! I hope you feel completely refreshed after "your day!"