Today I am thankful for Jane, Adam and their three gorgeous girls, who live close enough that we can get together anytime we want!!!! I think it's awesome when you are not only FAMILY, but you would choose to be FRIENDS with someone... and that's totally how I feel about Jane and Adam. We have a lot of fun when we are together and we try to get together as much as we can!!!
From the moment I was pregnant with Ally, Jane had a bond with her already. I think she was here at our house ever day after she was born... she just loved being an Aunt and holding Ally any chance she got. Then, Luke and Grace came along... and they are just two peas in a pod... twins in their own way. ;) They spend many days together at Nana and Papa's and just play in their own little world in a way that only the two of them know how.
We have gone on vacation together, both as adults (MEXICO BABY!!!) and on many family vacations to the Outer Banks. We always have a great time and I can always count on Adam to be my partner in crime when we need apple pie..... and maybe some more Patron. ;-) HAHA!!!!
Yesterday, we took Ally out to eat to the restaurant of her choice (Red Lobster because the girl LOVES shrimp!!!!) and Jane and Adam and girls joined us! They are always willing to join in celebration even if it's not the easiest thing to do do with twin babies!!! Jane had to feed each of them while we were there, but other than the craziness that kids can be... we had a GREAT little meal and I know Ally really appreciated the night out. She was as good as can be and just so happy to be out with some of her favorite people in the world!
Luke was, well, Luke... but after a little talking to in a stall of the ladies' room, he turned it around and sat in his high chair... and even actually ate something. What a miracle.
So, today I am thankful for being so close and living so close to my BIL and SIL who always know how to have a good time!!!! :-)
2 comments:
I am glad you have such a bond with them too! I wish David were closer, so you could be close to him as well....but sisters are always more "in touch" that brothers...and you are Jane are great sisters for one another!
That is so great that you are close with your BIL and SIL! :) and how fun that your kids all can grow up together!
Post a Comment