(sorry this a day late - we lost power yesterday - that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)
Yesterday, Scott woke up at his normal time and hopped in the shower. It was Thursday, so I didn't have to get up right away and both the kids were sleeping. I fell back asleep after he got up. Hard. That really deep, I just fell asleep, sleep... you know the kind.
Then, in a dream I thought I heard a noise. A thud. The next thing I knew, Ally was in my room asking me "what was happening?" and I could hear Luke screaming!!!! I said the first thing that popped into my head, "Luke must have fallen out of bed." In my half asleep state, this was the best I could do. I had heard a thud. I then, heard Luke screaming bloody murder. This was a logical conclusion!
Okay, then I sensed something was a bit off... it was pitch black! OH!!!!!!!! We lost power!!!!!! At 6:30 am, it's still pretty dark here! And, Luke sleeps with a light on, so that explains his screaming!
I made my way to his room... damn it was dark! Literally had to "feel around" to find him! He was shaking so hard! My poor little man. Grabbed him... made our way back to my room and got in my bed with Ally. Turned my iPhone on. That was the best I had at the time.
Scott all the while was in the shower, in the pitch black... :-)))) He makes his way out and is trying to get some clothes on. He keeps trying to make the kids laugh... cuz they are significantly freaking out.... saying things like... I can't see which way my underwear goes.... and do I have matching socks... this one looks brown and this one looks black!
He finally lights some candles... we grab a flashlight... and are just trying to go about our morning! We get Ally dressed... and she decides, once we have SOME light... that this is pretty cool. Until she realizes we can't make anything more than cereal for breakfast. Once again, morning sucks. ;-)
We can't make coffee here, so Scott decides to at least go to the gas station and get some crap coffee to tide us over until we can make it into town to Starbucks. He goes to the gas station..... they don't have power either! It appears the entire town is in the dark!
So, I pack Luke and all my toiletries up and head to my Grandma's where I can shower and get ready before I have to work in Ally's art class! But first.... straight to Starbucks!!!!! Where I finally get some coffee, hours after I had been up!
I'm not gonna lie - I was a bit concerned about volunteering in art class after last week's Girl Scouts debacle, but Ally was as good as gold.... and it went really, really well. I also made a point to sit at another table and not be the one to help her! Unfortunately, that was the way it had to be. Ally seemed just content to have me there and didn't seem to mind or notice that I avoided helping her directly. There were plenty of parent volunteers there to help out... :-)
I went to pick up Luke at my Grandma's (where my mom is staying) after.... visited for a bit... then, he and I headed to the dreaded grocery store. I freakin' hate grocery shopping... but Luke was as good as can be and made it easy on me! We left the store... he passed out... picked Ally up and headed home. Luke stayed asleep the entire time I unloaded and put away the groceries... so he got a little nap in!
Scott came home early so I could go out with a group of co-workers. We try to have an "after hours" bar night out at least monthly.... and we had a really great time last night. Just laughing and making future party plans. Co-workers are almost like your family, in all the ways that you share your life with them. I have a great bunch! I may not be happy with my boss most days, but the people I work with rock.
A good day...... oh and we DID get our power back sometime when I was out and about! Never did find out what went wrong! Oh well.... I am just happy to have it back!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment