I know some of you are laughing at this statement. Wondering WTF??? But, as I got ready to go to work this morning... and anticipated this evenings hair appointment, I thought to myself... "damn I'm happy to be a girl!"
I am! I love it! I am a girlie girl and I make no apologies. I love my hairdresser and I don't care that I drive over an hour to see him. He is worth the time to drive and the money it costs. I have more gray hair than you would believe and I love the fact that every five weeks, that wonderful man erases the signs of my aging hair! Bye bye gray roots!!!! I will see you no more! (at least for a few weeks anyway!) I love the feel of a nice salon. I love the time spent in that chair, chatting with your stylist... allowing him to use his time and expertise to do whatever he wants to make me look gorgeous!!! I do so love being a girl and going to the salon!
I love picking out something to wear from my extensive wardrobe each morning!!! I love putting the pieces together... today an adorable shorter dress that I've paired with opaque black tights, an cute black stretchy belt and a cute black cardi from my FAVORITE store in the world, Anthropologie. I love even more that I am wearing ridiculously high black suede heels.... that look amazing, but let's face it, are about as low on the comfort scale as you can get! I DON'T CARE! I love being a girl and teetering on my sexy heels!
I love to shop... love it. I love the full experience of it... especially with other GIRLIE GIRLS who love to do the same! I love find to the perfect shoes, sweater, PURSE, dress... and don't even get me started on how much I love designer jeans. I know I can ask the question "does my butt look good in these jeans" and dammit the answer will be yes... cuz those jeans are worth EVERY penny!!!! I love being a girl in my Joe's (Seven's, Paige's, Citizen's or J Brand) jeans!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
I love that girls need other girls... I love girlfriends and girls' nights out. I love how girls talk to one another and let it all hang out. I love how we rely on one another for support, advice, escape and love. No boy has a bond with his "man friends" that a girl has with her girl friends. We talk about our fears, our hopes, our dreams. We aren't afraid to cry in one another's presence. We can sit around in yoga pants or get dolled up and have a night on the town. Girlfriends are the best. I love being a girl with the best of girlfriends!
I love being a mom....... men can never experience what it feels like to carry a baby for 10 months... to have that little one grow inside you and then share him or her with the rest of the world like a gift you have given to everyone that comes into their presence. I love the bond that I share with my children and being there for them in every way. I love their mere existence and I love knowing that I played the biggest role in that existence. I love being a girl cuz only girls can be MOM'S!!!!
Come on, admit it... nothing is better than being a GIRL!!!!!!
2 comments:
How true.....you ARE very blessed....To have all the girls in your life that you do: Grandma, Moms, sisters, in-laws, aunts, nieces, cousins, daughter, but especially...friends!
Enjoy your blessed life!
From the one that brought YOU into the world...
you're right... its great being a girl!!
Post a Comment