Friday, November 12, 2010

Day Twelve: I am Thankful for Surprises...

Today, Scott surprised me by taking the day off!!!!  We had Ally's parent/teacher conference this morning, so he figured we could do that and have the day together! Ally was off school too... so my mom (who is in town for a few weeks!) watched the kids while we went to the conference then went out for a super fabulous breakfast at our favorite place, Anna's!!!! We even had time to run a few errands after, KID FREE... and just be together without anyone demanding something or whining at us.  :-)

Ally's conference was fabulous!!!  Her teacher couldn't speak highly enough of her and I am just so very proud of her.  We knew Ally was a GREAT reader and an excellent writer, but today we also learned that she is at the top of her class in math too!  She participates, is eager to raise her hand and answer a question and, what I am most proud of, she is respectful and kind to everyone.  A VERY, VERY important trait in my book.  You can be as smart as you want, but if you are a little shit... none of that matters.  Her teacher said she is always the first one to offer a helping hand to another classmate... will offer a pencil when someone says they don't have one.... and plays with everyone.

The highlight of the conference though, was a "storybook" that Mrs. Engemann shared with us... that Ally had written. She told us, she used it as her shining example in class because she was just so amazed by Ally's writing and work.  It was entitled "The Greatest Day" and is about the day that we took her to get her fish. The story contained a lot of detail and you could actually see, hear and feel what Ally did that day.  Amazing.  :-)

I am so proud of my baby girl...... and so thankful for the surprise of the day from my hubby!  Now, I am off to go see Mary Poppins with my girl and my Mom!!!!  Girls' night out.......  Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

AWWW isn't it so wonderful to hear good things about your kids? Porter's conferences were the first I've ever been on the "parent" side, and I loooved it. Okay, now if he'd been one of the "little shits" in class I'm sure I wouldn't have loved it so much LOL!