Today, I am so thankful for my amazing husband... who is a partner to me in every way a person can be! Together, he and I make an unbeatable team. We parent amazing together (most of the time!) and we have the amazing ability to run our household (lately!!!) like a well-run business partnership. I can really say, that the longer we are together, the better WE are!!!
He is a most amazing man. He works his butt off to support us.... allowing me to work part time and be there for our kids and do some a lot of FUN things that I want and need to do for ME! He is a very active parent. He does not expect me to do all the work just because I am home more. He does an equal share of the work around the house, with the kids... and is usually the master chef on the weekends!
The morning routine of getting the kids up, dressed and fed all falls on him. He has always been in charge of this role.... usually cuz it just takes longer for me to get ready!!!! But, this is something he does not HAVE to do... he chooses to do it because he knows how much it helps me out! I hate mornings... he is just more patient in the morning and better equipped to deal with that part of the day. The stress of "after school, dinner and evening" fall to me... but he is right there come bed time and we each usually put a kid down. Stories.... glasses of water and tucking in. ;-)
Most of all.. you have got to give this guy kudos for putting up with me. ;-) When it comes to me, he is the the most generous, giving and patient man in the world. I cannot think of a more perfect ying to my yang. We are absolutely OPPOSITE in just about every way... sometimes that can be a real challenge.... but often times, it really works for us.
Of course, we are not perfect... show me a marriage that is... and I will shoot holes in your theory... but we are pretty darn great.... and what challenges we do have... we are not afraid to face, head on. We are a united front for our kids and they know that Mom and Dad are always in agreement when it comes to our decisions about them... and about most things. We are a team. We always revert back to this concept.
I am constantly proud of our ability to deal and unite around the challenges that are our children. Ally has been difficult and weaker couples would surely start to fall apart... but one thing is for certain, we have always come together for the better of our kids.... and when one person just can't deal, the other always willingly picks of the slack....
He shares my dreams for our future and we talk about our future often. We love to do the same things... concerts and fine wine and food are high on our list of loved pastimes. Travel is another! We love big cities and exploring new places. I love that he joins me in my pursuit of greatness.
I am so very thankful for my hubby who walks this crazy road of life with me... through greatness and shit.... through the sweet and the sour.... through lots of laughter and many tears.... I can't imagine being so thankful for anyone else...............
1 comment:
Wow...lfe has come a long way in a year! Happy for BOTH of you!
Mom Kathy
Post a Comment