Friday, October 29, 2010

My First Private Post!

Well, my blog has been made private... and while, at first I had reservations, now I just feel FREE!!!!  Free to speak my mind to those who know me, love me and understand me.... without worry that any random person could be reading....

Take for instance my boss (soon to be old boss!!!! more on that in a second!)... I could complain about her... talk about what a crazy control freak she is... without fear that she could stumble upon my blog!!!!

This isn't so bad after all!  ;-)

I can speak openly and freely about my kids... sharing the detailed stories of our life... with only friends, family members or other mom's who I know are just here to get much needed online support!!  I am loving it......

And I have no worries that anyone I don't know, like, or trust is reading any of my business, let alone the detailed business of those I hold most dear, my kids!

So... all that said... welcome to the new blog. Address is the same... I toyed with changing it and making the old one a simple, private blog that leads those on google reader to my private one, but let's face it. I can barely keep up one blog, let alone two. So, everyone is just going to have to do this the old fashioned way. Bookmark it and read it when you feel like.  :)  Those who this blog is MOST important to already do that anyway!

Look out for a facelift to come!  I have commissioned the oh so talented, Nicole Barczak to design a new blog look and banner for me from images she captured at our fall session! These will also be the images in our Christmas card... and for a new collage on our living room wall... can't wait for that!

Other happenings:

Took Luke to the doc this morning... he has had a cold (like we ALL have) for weeks and I just wanted confirmation it was nothing more. My gut told me it wasn't, but sometimes you just need a doc to tell you that.  Worth $25 any day!  He's fine. Well, as fine as you can be with a wicked cold, snot running all the time and a cough that keeps you up at night!  This bug is lasting 3-4 weeks and doc reminded me that the average healthy kid gets 6-7 colds a winter, and some can come one on top of another... so it seems like the same bug is lasting a long time. Oh joy. Another perk of winter!  ;-)

Later today, Ally has her classroom halloween party, which I am helping out with, both as room-mom and general part-time volunteer these days (hooray for being able to do that!).  We are having three activities that the kids will do, the first being a cupcake decorating station. The second is a donut on a string eating contest. The third is a mummy game where they will toilet paper one another to makes mummies out of each other.  Good second grade times.....

I bought a zillion toppings for the cupcakes.... these kids are gonna go nuts with their creations, I can just see it! The party is at the end of the day, so I am sending them all home with a good sugar buzz.  Parents everywhere will be cursing me.  ;-)

Tonight, the McIntosh family is going to carve pumpkins! Yes, this is late in the game... but it's how we roll.  We can't really do these things on school nights... Ally is so temperamental.... so we waited until today.  I am thinking pizza and pumpkin carving..... sounds like a good Friday night to me!

As mentioned above, I am getting a new boss!  I am not really changing jobs... but we are starting a new "project" in our department, and a new guy is coming on to lead that for the next two years... as a part-timer, and someone who will fit very well into this project... all my time will be devoted to working with him to get this up and running!  So, my boss thought it made sense for me to report directly to him as well.  THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS!  :-)

Right now, anyone is a better alternative.  :-)  Maybe I will feel differently, but I have a good feeling about this.....  ;-)  I am just thankful in this moment! He starts mid-December.  Hopefully I make it until then without quitting in a fit of rage... as I often have my moments at work!

Well, I should run and start to get things together for the afternoon festivities.  I feel bad for Ally's teacher today... all the kids are thinking about is their party and all their Halloween weekend activities. I think learning will be at a minimum today!!!!!

Oh and as promised, some pics of Ally and her diorama!!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow...I AM impressed with the diorama.....NEVER did anything like that (that I can remember) with you guys in the second grade!

Be sure to send pics of the kids for Halloween!! Hope the weather is decent for you!

And congrats on the new "boss"!!
Mom

Leslie Collins said...

We have not carved pumpkins, either. That is how we roll around here, as well. No worries. :)
Hope you guys have a great Halloween.

And, Ali did an amazing job with the diorama. Very talented little lady.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Yea we are just now gonna carve them today.. well hopefully! LOL!

Im also excited that I can now post pics of our house on my blog.. the outside pics! :)

Emilie said...

I think I will making my blog private as well... im ready for the freedom!!