We just had one of those days you only read about in books. Or see in movies. Or dream about when you fall asleep to the memory of your child screaming he hates you or that she thinks you are meanest mommy in the world.
I have to write about today... More specifically, tonite.... Because I want to look back and remember it. Especially during the bad times. I want to have hope. That it could happen again!
I had a great day at work. It was quiet. Got a lot of little things done. Stress-free. Left and grabbed a few things at the store to make beef stroganoff. I've never made it but for some reason got the urge. Went to pick Luke up. He was happy as hell to see me and to come home. He played independently and allowed me to prepare dinner for about an hour! Then, around 6... Scott and Ally got home (Ally had gymnastics after school on Mondays. She rides with a classmate and Scott picks her up at 5:30) and Luke was just thrilled to see her. Ally was sweet to him and took him down to the playroom to play for about half an hour while I finished dinner.
They came up and we enjoyed a scrumptious meal (if I do say so myself!) and there was peace! Everyone was polite. Ally even asked each of us what our favorite part of the day was. Luke had a bath after dinner. Scott did the dishes. Ally went back to the basement to play school and Luke joined her again after his bath. When we asked them to come up for jammies... They did. No arguments. They had some apple pie and went to bed. Ally showed me that she had memorized all her prayers and was so proud. She's still reading happily.
Luke is stirring. No quite ready to sleep. But he's staying in his bed. And trying to read Thomas.
Seriously. Want to bottle tonite. What a perfect nugget we had. Happy and peaceful.
Yay us. :-)
-- Post From My iPhone
2 comments:
Sounds like a beautiful evening...enjoy...
Mom
I'm so jealous. Can you give me pointers on how to get a 3 and 2 year old to sleep before 11pm?!? I'm usually in bed by 10pm so this is a HUGE problem for me. And the quiet reading in bed...are you kidding? My kids don't really comprehend the word quiet, and when I ask them for peace, they scream louder. lol
Glad you had a great night!
Post a Comment