I recently recieved an email with the title above.... my sister's good friend, Dustan, has fought and survived a very rare form of cancer, but has recently relapsed. He is a student of both my step-mom and dad. He is a close friend of all of theirs and a member of the community in which they live.
His blog is an inspiration and can be found at: http://www.dustancolyer.blogspot.com/
Like my little sis said "if you pray, please do... if not happy thoughts are always helpful too" :-)
You can never ask for to many prayers and happy thoughts, so I promised I would share this on my blog. I know I have some great friends, family and readers who are happy to send up a prayer or two.......
Then, there's the co-worker of mine just shared that his daughter is dying of lupus. She has survied two cancers and now, this will take her life within years. As he looked around my office at all the pictures of my kids, with tears in his eyes, he said... "cherish them." She is 35.
Everyone needs a little help now and then. Some people need it more it seems.
This morning, these stories have put my pesky cold in perspective....
4 comments:
We need to hang or go shopping STAT!!! :-))))
You hear of people like this and it makes you thankful for what you have. There is definitely someone who always has it worse.
My prayers are with these families.
Oh, you are so right about putting things in perspective...I love you Nina!!!
I will say a prayer for everyone!
Mom
Saying a prayer for the familes. So very sad. :(
Post a Comment