Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Today I am Thankful NO ONE Expects me to be On-Time in the Morning....

Three days a week, I work.  I work and I attempt to get a third grader ready for school, in addition to myself ready for work... and then, take a pre-schooler to school.  I get up at 5:30 in order to get this all done before we leave the house at what is supposed to be 7:30 and is invariably, 8:00 every day... when I'm lucky!

Today, it was 8:34.

Ridiculous.

Luke fought everything this morning. He just decided to be difficult for difficult's sake, I swear. When he worke up, Scott went in. He didn't want Scott.  He wanted Mommy to get him out of bed.  I go in and he wants me to carry him to the table. He has lost all ability to walk apparently.  Then, I can't put him down on the floor next to the chair.... no, he wants to be placed into the chair like he is six months old.

He didn't want Scott to leave (this NEVER happens!!!). He wanted Scott to take him (again never happens!). He didn't like ANY of the shirts in his closet! (what three year old BOY has an opninon on this?)  He didn't want to wear socks with his shoes (ok, this often happens). He wanted to take candy to school.  He wanted to eat candy for breakfast.  He didnt' want to go to school.  He didn't want me to leave when we got there.

Whew......... all that fun before 9 am!!!!!!  You can't buy that kind of a good time people!!!!  ;-)

I rolled into work at 9:11.  Not the best.

So, seriously... thank GOD that no one comes looking for me before 9..... the work/school morning is not a smooth one. I keep trying to make it easier..... but short of my getting up even earlier and getting the kids up super early just to anticipate all the road blocks they will throw... I don't know what more to do.

I know I need to do more to prepare the night before. I know this.  Sometimes, I do it all before I go to bed.  Lay out the clothes. Make the lunches.  Even decide what I am going to wear... but then, there are nights like last night, where after I get the kids in bed... I literally FALL into bed myself and pass out.

Last night was one of those nights......

And I think I know why...

I agreed to be the coach for Ally's Destination Imagination Team at Queens.  Yes.. it appears when it comes to all things "my daugther's school" I have an inability to say NO!  :-)))))))  I am apparently addicted to all things Queens.  :-)

This is not a bad thing. It really is not.  The truth of the matter is this:  Ally will have DI every week until about 4:45 pm.  I am not going to be able to go home and come back and get her. I am not going to be able to go home at a normal time and expect Scott to leave that early to get her. So... I end up "killing time" in town until she's done.  I might as well be prodcutive and help.

And... no one was stepping up to do it.  I watched countless emails and pleas for volunteers and help.... and then, I found out it was Ally's team that was coachless.... so I called up my good friend Monica, who's daughter is also on this particular team... and she agreed to be in if I was in. So we are gonna figure this out together....

She is a riduclously, amazing, supportive mommy friend!!!!!!!!

After the meeting.... I had a minor anxiety attack.  It's a little more than I had anticipated in terms of time and resources necessary.  But a glass of wine and a chat with my partner in crime on this one... and I was feeling brave once again.  Monica and I will just fumble through together and accomplish greatness.  :-)

So....... after my stressful couple hours.... glass of wine.... and trip back from the ledge..... I put Luke to bed at 7:30... and crawled into my bed with Ally and fell asleep before Scott even took her out to put her to bed at around 8:00.  I was that tired.

Obviously my body was telling me I needed sleep..... so sleep I did!

Supermom requires a great deal of sleep I have discovered. Superpowers take a lot out of ya!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh honey....all I can say is...at least you are YOUNG!!!!