Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Many Thanks...

So, I am a little behind and I skipped a thanks somewhere in the craziness of life!  (I use crazy in a good way)

The other day... Saturday... I was thankful to spend some time with my mom who was in town!  It was a brief trip for her... which is still nice.  We went and spent the day at my Grandma's and stayed a lot later than even my mom did. The kids had a great time visiting.... and Luke is so freakin' adorable with my Grandma, his Great-Grandma who we call Baci.  He doesn't like many people... he is reserved and quiet... but he LOVES her!

We had the opportunity to be there when there weren't too many others around. People were coming and going all day... making visits to my Great-Uncle who is in a care facility and others.  So.... when it was just the kids, and my Grandma and I... Luke really opened up.  So nice to see.  :-)

It was a really nice day of visiting....... we shared food and wine.... and polish honey whiskey which is delicious I tell you!  :-)

Then... I did post Sunday when I was thankful for sleep and we had a pretty crappy day. The kids were not the best.....

Yesterday, I was thankful for two things..... everything I have been through in my life, no matter how very bad, because it has made me exactly who I am today.... and my cleaning lady!

Something very deep... and something very "surface."  :-)

I am truly thankful for the perspective I have on life. I think I am a more empathetic, accepting, understanding person because of the things  I have gone through.  I'm not saying my life was or has been all bad... it most definitely has not. I am blessed beyond belief.  I am simply saying that I embrace every moment of my life because it shapes you. Every experience shapes and builds you... and makes you exactly who you are supposed to be...

And I like looking back on all that I've accomplised, failed at, enjoyed and hated... and just learning and living with the lessons of all that I have and will do....... it's a good, good thing.

And, of course, I love my cleaning lady!  Is there anything better than coming home to a squeaky clean house after you've worked all day, attended multiple kids after school events all night, and come home exhausted from it all?  A great, great feeling.

Then, there is today...... I am thankful for music in my life!!!!!

This morning, I get the routine request from my (almost) four year old in the back seat..... "Mommy can you play Adele?"  I could not be more proud of my kids' taste in music! We love, love, love music in our household. It is on a thousand times more often than the TV.  Always in the car, in my bathroom, in the kitchen, in Ally's room and in the living room.  Our life has an amazing soundtrack and it keeps us dancing and singing through our days!

I just love music!

I love concerts with friends and my hubby... and now, my daughter!  I love that Luke makes up dances to songs like his sister always has. I love that Ally wants an iHome for Christmas so she can listen to music on her iPod in her room.  I love Radio Disney.... and Just Dance... and eveything "childish" that is musical that my kids love to do.  Life is just better with some tunes on in the background!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Yep...music more than TV for me too! Glad you had a good time with Mom...she needs it...did she have the honey whiskey too??? Need to talk about Thanksgiving better too...didn't seem to get the chance to much at Mom's (what's new?)

Leslie Collins said...

We listen to a lot of music, too. I think it's important to have it in our lives. Reyna asks for Adele quite often, too. :)