Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 1: I am Thankful for my In-Laws...

Today I am thankful for my in-laws.... who are always willing to watch my children so Scott and I can get away. Whether it be a week in Mexico, a night out for a concert or dinner, or a few days in San Francisco... they always happily take our kids and care for them as we would.  Love them as we would.  And have a great time doing so!

My mother-in-law watched Ally from the time I went back to work when Ally was around five months old. Every single day.  Forty hours a week.  When Ally was almost two, we put her in daycare two days a week so she could learn to interact with other kids.  But.... every other day.... she was with her Nana.

My father-in-law retired somewhere in there... and he was there when Luke came along and started going every day.  Not too long after Luke came along and Ally was in the first grade, I went part-time, but Luke still went there the days that I worked... three days a week.  They have always been there and been our primary "day care"... what a blessing it is to have them in our lives and have never had to make that day care decision.

They have saved us tens of thousands of dollars... but more than that, they love our children... and my nieces that they also watch. They are truly angels to do all that they do for us.  I know I cannot imagine giving of my time every day to watch my grandchildren someday.... I am not sure I am that selfless.

We would never be able to get away, Scott and I.... if it weren't for them. It's so so so hard to leave your kids overnight with others.  Impossible when they're little for sure.... but when it's grandma and grandpa, it's not so bad.

We are blessed and unquestionable lucky to have them in our lives.... and in our children's lives.

So, today, I am more than thankful for my in-laws!

No comments: