Holy crap! My kids are little tornadoes today! We are home because it's a snow day. I am lucky enough to be able to work from home today... and while I attempt to work, they are like crazed monkeys... making the BIGGEST mess ever!!!!! So far, they have made me breakfast. Okay, I could not say no to this. It was adorable. They wanted to make me breakfast and serve it to me during my "birthday week" I have brain washed them! :))))
So.... they blew up the kitchen doing that.... their attempt to clean up was less than stellar.
Then, while I work, they too play "office"... which somehow requires cutting lots of paper and leaving remnants of this paper everywhere... leaving crayons all over... and making office phones. Then, they decide to get really creative and make a whole bunch of stuff with paper and plastic knives. Flags, telescopes, airplanes... you name it. This requires more paper cutting, coloring and you guessed it... MESS!
Now.... they are playing train. I really love listening to them when they play nicely. They do have their moments though. These "moments" usually occur when Luke doesn't do EXACTLY what Ally says. She is just a little bossy... and he is growing a backbone. He stands up to her. She is not a fan of this. To this, I say... "Atta boy!" ;-)
I don't intervene... unless it gets ugly... and they usually work through it, in time. Oh... here it goes.... Luke isn't "unlocking the train" correctly. He is telling her he can do it his way. Again, I say "Atta boy!"
I was the big sister... I guess I still am. ;-) I bossed my brother. Man... I owe him an apology! Seeing it now.... I can see how awful it was.... and I am sitting here, routing for the little guy!
They have reached a compromise. Atta girl! :-))))
I am pretty sure the house will be completely trashed by the end of the day.
Unfortunately, we have to go out. I have to do my pre-surgery bloodwork today. The kids are not going to like this. Ally is already worked up. I am hoping the iPod, my phone and some books will keep them happy for the few minutes it will take. Fingers crossed. Stupid bloodwork.
Since I have to go out... I might as well do some things I need to do before I go down for the count for the weekend... so maybe we will get Luke's hair cut. His quarterly hair cut. :-))) Maybe we will do this. It is birthday week. Do I really want to torture myself? ;-)
Okay... back to work.... it got quiet down the hall. Uh oh.............
2 comments:
I would say "apology accepted"...but a subtle comment in the middle of a whiny post doesn't make up for the torture that was my childhood. Keep working at it...I'll let you know when you're good.
LOVE David's comment....Hope you made it through!!!
Post a Comment