Today I am thankful for the United Way of Jackson!!!! Not only do my hubby and I do the majority of our charitable giving through them, but Scott has served on their board as Treasurer in the past. We learned a lot about how the organization works and all the amazing things it does for Jackson. In these hard times.... it's organizations like the United Way that keep many people in their homes, with heat and food on their tables.
I am also happy to support them by attending the WONDERFUL functions and fundraisers they have! Tonight the Women's Leadership Council of the United Way is hosting "The Power of the Purse" out at the Country Club. They started this event just last year... and I filled a table with amazing coworkers of mine. We were happy to support their inaugural event and loved it so much we are going back this year!
You can (if you so choose) bid on amazing purses filled with even more amazing stuff from local businesses. There are hand painted wine glasses (I got these last year!!). And lots and lots of other girlie stuff. Drinks. Food. A DJ for late night dancing. A good, good time....... :-)
And I can definitely use a night out after my day of full blown mommy-ness. Every moment of today was dedicated to my kids. I am watching a friend of Allys' so her mommy can have a weekend away. And she invited another friend. So three nine year olds. To balance it out... I invited Grace over for Luke so he's not so left out. We have baked cookies. Painted. Played hide and seek. And generally had quite the day!
Happy to have some time for me later..... Daddy is even coming home early so I can get out of here and go get dressed and ready with some other girls. Remember the days of dressing and putting makeup on together? So. Much. Fun.
So today I am thankful for the United Way for all that they do and the night out the provide!
No comments:
Post a Comment