Today I am thankful that Luke didn't cry when I dropped him off at preschool this morning! I did not think it would go anywhere near as well as it went since he hasn't been there in about a week and a half! I thought for sure I would be peeling his little hands off me while he cried and screamed.... and running out as fast as I could before I started to cry myself......
We talked a lot about returning to school after Mommy and Daddy being gone. He seemed excited to go back. He even said he actually missed Ms. Joanne. It was adorable. I'm sure she missed him too. ;-)
He chose his lunch (hot dog) and watched me pack it last night. I let him choose what he wore today even though I disagreed with his choice of a short sleeve shirt. I let him take a stuffed turtle in addition to his blankie.
And he rocked it. We went into the classroom and I asked him to show me his favorite things. He took me right over to the trucks and cars and pointed to each of the three fire trucks on the shelf, telling me that the fire trucks are his favorite things to play with. He is really into the fire truck, fire man, fire station lately and the theme resonates in his Christmas list!
So, today I am thankful that I didn't have to start my morning out by hearing my little man cry...... I am super thankful for no tears at the drop off!
No comments:
Post a Comment