The day I arrived (Tuesday), it was late.... so I grabbed a late dinner in the hotel bar and a great glass of wine... and slept like a rock after a day of traveling. Wednesday, Scott was still attending the conference so I hit the shopping district of Union Square hard. Three hours in an amazing Anthro... the semi-annual sale at Nordstroms.... browsing all the designer high end shops that I have no business shopping at. It was sunny and gorgeous... and I love the buzz of the city!!
We had dinner that night at an amazing steak house.... our waiter was so much fun! Each day or night I tried a different pinot noir from California.... branching out from my usual Oregon preference... I felt like I was in Cali, so I needed to drink from Cali! :-)
Thursday we ventured even further out..... and had a luxurious nap mid-day... rode the cable car out to Fisherman's Wharf for a great dinner at a seafood place..... and some more amazing wine....
Friday we ventured even further out...... and did not break for a nap! We made it to China Town and North Beach and Little Italy. We ate at a most amazing Asian bistro for lunch... best meal we had while we were there. And some amazing martinis!
We were still hitting the pavement when dinner time rolled around... so we hit up an Italian place... had some wine and shared a margarhita pizza... yum!
We saw so much.... walked so much... at great food.... drank great wine.... talked and talked and laughed and laughed and didn't have a care in the world.... we encountered the city crazies and felt both sympathy at those who lived on those streets... and a sense of thankfulness for what we had that kept us off those same streets. We saw street performers.... and we sat in a Starbucks for hours one afternoon and got hysterical with a conversation on the city fashion of wearing leggings with everything. People who had no business wearing leggings. Leggings that were no more than tights.... and not covered by a tunic or dress. Lordy day. I like leggings too. I do.... but to wear leggings one must cover ones butt! Just a statement of fact people. Cover up your business!!!!!!!!
We had a great adult trip. Reconnected. Rested. And enjoyed every moment. We hardly took any pictures, we were so caught up in the time we were having..... and that's just fine..... we will always have the memories. Here are a few of the pics we did get....





No comments:
Post a Comment