Yes, it's true.... today I am thankful for eBay. You may be laughing right now and think this is a pretty silly thing to be thanful for.... but what began as a simple eBay Challenge between me and my hubby... to help offset the costs of Christmas... has turned into a full-fledged money making venture.
Between the two of us, to date, we have made well over a thousand dollars. I think that I, alone have made over a grand... and he has made around $400-500?? Seriously people. WHO KNEW the power of "one man's junk is another man's treasure?"
We know it now!!
Of course, we cannot keep up the money making pace at this level. Right now, we are selling those things we have held on to for a long time because they had more value than a Goodwill item....... so we will eventually exhaust the big ticket items. I have sold all the jeans and purses and plan to for a while. What is left, I love, use and wear!
But.. it makes you think.... you can get amazing return on your investement..... when you buy nice stuff! Seriously.... people are willing to pay a lot for name brands.... and electronics..... and kids stuff! It is awesome. Absolutely awesome. And the US Post office makes the shipping so easy now with the flat rate envelopes and boxes. Takes the guesswork out of what you charge... and you print the labels right from eBay...... it's just all so freakin' amazing....
Today alone, I am shipping out ten items which range from boots to purses to video games to doll clothes.
So. Much. Fun.
Scott and I are talking about how we want to focus on buying things with great resale value... and that we will start saving the boxes from things more often than not... especially the kids stuff........ we sold Ally's DS that she got three or four years ago, with a few games for $140!!!! Scott has all the boxes and everything for it..... it will make a GREAT Christmas gift for a little girl... and in turn, we can buy something amazing for Ally!
We got Luke's birthday gift on eBay... a Leapster Explorer Bundle with charger and four games for $80! Trying to sell and buy used this year! I bought him a whole bunch of Thomas stuff on eBay (a moving bridge, train wash station and three trains - all for $40!)... the Aquadoodle he wants... and I am watching some other items! Love, love, lovin' it!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a lot of fun AND something he and I are enjoying doing together!!! The phone ap makes it ALL worthwhile....... so much more simple than uploading and doing it on the computer...... amazing!!!!!!
So, yes, it's true... today I am the dork that is thankful for eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
wOW...WISH i HAD STUFF OTHER PEOPLE WANTED...I WOULD DO IT TOO
Post a Comment