Today I am thankful for those brief moments of affection between Luke and Ally. I know they love one another.... but we all know that sibling love can be funny at times. It appears absent far too often and when one of them does something so loving to the other... I just can't help but bask in the glow of the moment....
Last night, I spent the entire evening in Express Care with Luke. When I picked him up from school, they told me he was unusually quiet and lethargic all day. That they did take his temp cuz he felt warm, but that he was not running a temp at all. When they would ask him if he felt bad, he always answered no.
I got him in the car and started toward home. I listened to him cough. A lot. I looked back at him and he just looked awful. He looked almost green... and he was slumped over. Luke is not my sick kid. He does not get sick often and when he does, it's a cold and he powers right through like he's fine. Starting school has definitely taken it's toll on him and he's catching some new things....
So, I turn around in Spring Arbor and go back to Kids Express... since it is now after 5.
We check in there and they tell me it's about a two hour wait. Ugh. What to do? I am already there... so I decide we will wait. Luke sits on my lap and is just so out of it.... He keeps having painful attacks while we are there too.... just says "it hurts!" I have no idea what for some time....
And then, I find out...
"Mommy - I pooped my pants..."
"Oh Lukie, I am so sorry. Okay...."
We go to the bathroom.... someone is in the ONE STALL of the ladies, so I say ef it and go into the mens' room. Desperate times here.
I get Luke's pants off and miraculously, Lightening McQueen has held strong and contained the poo-poo mess..... he sacrificed a lot for us Mr. McQueen and his life ended in the trash can at Express Care, but he served us well...
Luke finishes his business...... and I cannot describe to you.... stands up, looks at me and declares "I feel a lot better now Mommy!!"
He turns into a whole new person! His color returns. He is talking to me again. It's wild. But.... I have waited this long, so we might as well have him checked out....
And, if course, no infection..... he has a virus....
There is a point to this story that links it to what I am thankful for today! I swear it... here it comes...
While we are in the little room after we get called back he says "Mommy, I wish Ally was here. I like being with her."
Melt my heart.
Then, this morning, as Ally is leaving... he runs to the door before she can walk out and says... "don't go Ally... I want to give you a hug and a kiss!!!"
To which Ally responds... "Okay on the hug. The kiss is a no."
All in all. Pretty darn cute.
I am so thankful for those brief moments of affection between my little ones.
1 comment:
Poor Lukie....he is such a sweetheart...I miss both of them so much...
Post a Comment