30 days. 30 things to be thankful for. I love November. I love that I started this last year on Facebook and a bunch of people joined. I love that those same people remembered and started in on their thanks before even I did this month. I just love reading what everyone is thankful for.
Because we really do have so much to be thankful for..... really.... we do. I know I do. I know most of my friends and family do. Sure, we have our struggles, challenges, moments of despair... but for the most part.... our lives are so very good. I know mine is.
I am thankful for all the friends I have in my life. The friends that I have had in the past, who have influenced me and supported me. They may have only been in my life for a brief time, but they were and are important in my personal history. I am thankful for the friends that I have had forever, who stand by my side through just about everything... who know me inside and out and who I can call on for any need I might have and I know they will be there, no matter how long it's been since we've last spoken or saw one another. I am so very thankful for these friends.
I am thankful for the many new friends I have made recently through work, school and other groups. Some of these people are going to be in that "life-long" friend category, I can just tell. They are the ones I have so much fun with... the ones who's kids are friends with my kids... and who we go on vacation with. The friends that both my hubby and I like to hang with... our family friends. The best kind.
Last night, we went to dinner at the Country Club for a special event (Cash Bash) with two other couple-friends and all our kids. A table for 13. The adults sat on one side... the kids on the other. I watched the older girls take care of Luke and Luke just sit as happy as can be with them. Ally and one of her besties just giggled all night. And us adults, just enjoyed the evening... laughing with them, at them, and at one another. It was one of those nights that fill you with joy and make you smile.
At the table on either side of us... more friends of our kids... and parents we have gotten to know. At one point, all the kids were sitting on the floor in between all the tables, coloring on giant books that the Club provided. Who says Country Clubs are stuffy and full of older people? Last night, that place was FULL to the brim with families and kids running around... parents sharing wine... and a lot of smiles and fun. I love it. I am thankful for these friends.
People are so important to me. I am a people person. I get my energy from being around others. I am the true definition of an extrovert. My friends, and my relationships, mean more to me than just about anything. I am heartbroken when a relationship fails or dies. I am thrilled when a new one starts up. I love people. :-)
What a month it has been. Last year, I remember still thinking of what I was thankful for each day for months... maybe I never stopped. They say if you do something for ten days in a row, it becomes a habit. I can't think of a better habit to have than to count your blessings each and every day... even when you are struggling to find one... as I was yesterday...
But I got through my down day... as I always do.... and as usual, I was lifted by my friends and my interactions with people last night. Funk over. I am so very blessed to know these people.
And, if you are reading this.... you are most likely one of the important people in my life too... whether you know it or not. I am thankful for YOU!!!!!!
Blessings and love my blog friends...... so long November......
No comments:
Post a Comment