Today I am thankful for mine and Scott's jobs!! In this economy and trying time for so, so many... we are beyond blessed to have the stable jobs and income that we do. We are not only blessed to be able to provide for our family financially, but we are blessed with amazing co-workers, and a day to day job that we care about and believe in. While not perfect all the time, each of us has a job that we don't mind getting out of bed to go to every day.... and with as much TIME as you spend doing your job.... you should really try as hard as you can to make it something you love doing!
I am thankful that my hubby has the work ethic and drive that he does. He is an amazing man.... with amazing talents. He is truly one of the smartest people I know. He is a natural born leader. Everyone who works for him, with him and around him, love to be with him. He is fair. He is empowering. He pushes people without being pushy. I am in constant awe of how far he has come in his career and our family is blessed as a result of his hard work.
I am thankful that I have the opportunity to work part time..... for a while there.... both mine and Scott's careers were going a little crazy... and it was virtually impossible for us to be the kind of parents we wanted to be.... and have the kind of home life we wanted to have. We either needed to slow down or hire a live-in nanny.... and for us, the answer was to slow down. It was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Top five for sure. It has changed me and made me a better person for myself and for my kids and family. I like who I am better. I love the balance I have now. I feel like this is exactly where I am supposed to be.
And I love that three day a week job I get to go to... and use my brain.... and interact with amazing people who have become amazing friends..... and that every day... I get to leave right on time to get my kids... and be there for homework and after school activities.
Today, I am thankful for our amazing jobs!
No comments:
Post a Comment