Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Today I am Thankful I Have Something to Look Forward to...

Ugh.  Today kinda sucks.  I'm a bit down and in a mood.  It happens.  Even the most positive of us have our bad days.  I am fighting a cold.  Not happy about it. Trying to power through. The weather doesn't help anything at all.

Ally has been moody lately.  And, when I'm under the weather like this, I can't cope as well. She senses this and pounces.  Today I am struggling.

I love my birthday... I really do! I'm one of "those people" that celebrates all week.... refers to it as "my birthday week" all week long and generally drives everyone around me crazy.  Not supposed to be fighting a cold on your birthday week! Suckage.

Tonite we are going out to dinner with some friends. Three couples and all our kids.  I love this.  It should be a good time and I am hoping it pulls me out of my funk.  I think it will. I will it to do so!  ;-)

I am having a minor surgery on Friday... and I think I am a bit worked up about that too.  Talked to a friend this morning. She eased my mind.  If nothing else, offered her love and support.  Just thinking too much about it.  It will be just fine.  I know this.....

I sent out Luke's invitations yesterday.... and we even hand delivered a few!  Luke loved giving them to people or putting them in their mailbox.... and it was nice to have a stop and chat with my Aunt.  :-)  I got them on Etsy and I just love them.  Super simple. With his picture. That's all I wanted.  I have an amazing ability to see something, choose it and get it done. Did it all Sunday....
Major props to Nicole Barczak who took this amazing picture!!!!!!  :-)

I love the age Luke is now and how aware of his birthday (and Christmas!) he is. He is really excited and into "planning" it. He told me who he wanted to come... and it was adorable.  I always have a hard time deciding between just a small party of just those who live nearby or more extended family... and we went bigger this year.

Luke selected the food. He loves hot dogs. No surpise there.  :-))))))

So... it's the fun in life that gets us through the dreary days.  The night out with friends tonite. The girls' drinking night tomorrow.  The day at the salon on Thursday.  Holiday parties coming up.  A special boy's birthday party. And, the icing on the cake.. the holidays themselves. I do so love the holidays.

I am so thankful that even though my mood is low today... I know I will soon be lifted up....

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Don't worry about the surgery...all will be well..I'll say a prayer for you on Friday...
Luke's card is adorable!
And I know the holidays will make you smile...Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

Sadie said...

Cute invitations! I heard so much about them on fB I was hoping to see a picture of them. That is a great picture of Luke. I have an appointment with Michelle on Thursday, too!