Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Morning... and I'm Alone...

What a glorious morning I have had!  First, Scott got up with the kids (after I was up with Luke for quite the length of time in the middle of the night).  I slept in until almost 10!! Unheard of!  Then, by the time I did get up, I visited with the Lukester for a bit, and he was off to bed for his morning nap.... and Ally and Scott just left to run to Meijer to get the fixins for my famous (okay maybe my Grandma's famous!) cabbage soup for dinner....

Along with needed diapers, wipes and formula!

So... I am alone!  It is quiet.  I am enjoying a cup of coffee and checkin up on Blogs, Facebook and email.  The routine.  I know you all know it well!!

Another grey day here in Michigan.  It rained non-stop Friday and Saturday.  There was a fall festival this weekend that must have got completely rained out. We wanted to take Ally today, but it's not looking good.  It would really be a great day to spend at home, catch up on laundry, make fabulous soup and feel "ready" for our week.  So... I think that's what we're going to do instead!

Any great Sunday plans for any of you?

I'm going to put some pics together and post a bit more about NYC after I post this... 

Yesterday I took the kids to the Treehouse with Jane and Grace and we met up with Stephanie and Grant.  (I didn't get any pictures, but Jane was taking some with her fab camera - so check out her blog!) After poor Nicole had to cancel the playdate because of sick kids and RAIN, we decided we needed to get out of the house!  First of all... Scott was looking forward to some alone time after being home with the kids alone all week... and Ally was absolutely heartbroken when I told her the playdate was cancelled.   She cried "why does Porter have to be sick Mommy?"  Well... I'm sure Porter felt the same way!!!!

I have never been to the Treehouse!  I heard about it, but never went myself... and I have to say... I really loved the place!  I think it might be our official winter hang out.  It's got great atmosphere. Great food.  And a great little place for babies to play.  That is when the "big kids" aren't throwing balls into the area and taking balls away from four month olds!  We had a really, really nice time. Chelsea is such a nice little community!

Well... I'm going to eat something along with this coffee... and grab pics for an NYC post!

Later peeps....

2 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

I haven't been to the Tree House. I have heard wonderful things about it. I guess I'll have to go.

What a nice morning. :)

jane said...

It was fun, must do it again soon. After Adam builds us our arc we can take that.

Leslie should totally come next time!