Tomorrow, I am leaving for New York! My bags aren't packed... I'm no where near ready to go... but I will get there eventually. In full mommy/wife-guilt mode right now. I'm putting together all Luke's food and clothes for the week to send to Nana and Papa's to make it as easy on Scott as possible. I'm doing all the laundry. Making sure the house is as tidy as possible. I want to leave with things under control.... so Scott doesn't have a nervous breakdown!
I traveled a lot for work before I had Luke. I cut back considerably when I was pregnant and after I had him, but this month is a busy month for me. I have two trips... one to NYC and one to Chicago... and in between, Scott has a trip to Baltimore that I am going to accompany him on so we can have some "us" time... and visit my brother, Dave and Mary.
It's been two years since I've been to New York! Now... my cousin, Sarah lives there and she and I are going to spend two days together. We are so excited as I have talked about visiting her since she moved... but was preggers and then, had a new baby at home... so it was bad timing! Until now! She and I will shop Fifth Avenue until we drop. We will dine and drink martinis at Nobu.
I will see you tomorrow for lunch girl!!!!
Two years ago, Chelsea and I went to see Dave at Randall's Island... two nights... great show. Second night, David Gray opened for him... we had first row seats... it was the show of our dreams!!!!! We were a bit off to the left, right in front of Boyd all night... and for some reason, Dave kept coming over to play with Boyd all night (in our minds it's cuz he wanted to hang with us! ha!) ... so they were right in front of us. It was a great night....
Almost as great as our four nights in Denver, when we traveled to see Dave at Red Rocks... I must say, short of the births of my children and getting married and all those other momentous moments of your life... mine and Chelsea's weekend at Red Rocks was truly one of the best weekends of my life.
Here's what I'm talking about...
Biggest disappointment was that the lady that took this picture for us obviously didn't know how to use a camera and it's out of focus... but... still... it's a treasured picture!
I mean... come on.... you can't beat that! We met the band... pissed off Dave's bodyguard... ate fruit with Butch... got kissed by Boyd... talked to Carter for an hour... and then, he came off the stage night two to give us his drumsticks.... we were elevated to god-like status to everyone who saw it... do you remember that Chelsea??? I can still think about it to this day and get chills....
The moral of the story is that I will be seeing Dave this week without my partner in crime... without my girl... and she is going to be sadly missed. Dave has always been our time together and I want you to know that I will be carrying you with me when I see him Chels. You will be right there with me... and your absence will be deeply felt.
But... I am still going to try like hell to get a picture that is in focus! :-)
Later all... I will post next weekend when I return! I hope I have fab things to share.....
2 comments:
Oh I am sooo jealous and I know my hubs Tony will be too when I show him these pics!! LOL!!! Have a great trip!
HA! You are obsessed! Hope your trip (and Dave) is great.
Post a Comment