Sunday, September 14, 2008

DAVE!!!!!

I had the distinct pleasure of seeing the Dave Matthews Band perform at the Stand Up for a Cure Benefit concert at Madison Square Garden in New York City last week.  From my view in the third row, center... it was, as always... an AMAZING show...

The only somber moment of the night was that it was my first show without LeRoi.  He was sadly missed by all...

I love Dave fans... I met, as I always do, some of the coolest peeps at the show. We were all there, bonded by our love of the music, the man, the band.  What a night!!!!!!!

Here are some pictures I took from the night.  I will post the entire lot on my Mac Gallery when I can!








Don't you just LOVE Carter's drum set..... he is absolutely the coolest drummer ever, just second to my brother Kellen, of course!  :-)

I am privileged to own two sticks from Carter.  One, I caught in the air at a show in Columbus, Ohio.... and the second was given to me by the man himself in Denver, Colorado at Red Rocks.  I am also the proud owner of two picks of Dave's.  I am completely and totally spoiled!  I have the signatures of all the band members, except Stefan and Roi... and pictures with many as well.

Scott and I were at this amazing music memorabilia place in Vegas once... and they told me how I could have all my "stuff" displayed and mounted in a frame/shadowbox type thing.  It would cost a small fortune, but I think it would be worth every penny.  Even Scott agrees it would be worth it to get it out of my jewelry drawer!  

Ah.... the touring season is over... and Dave is off to South America!  Maybe there will be a winter tour... maybe we will have to wait until next summer to see our boy again...

But, as always... the pleasure was mine...

He played 41.  Can't ask for much more than that! 41, Two Step, a tease of I'll Back You Up and some rare songs, Spoon and the beloved Cornbread. Good, good times....

NY was good... we ate, we drank, we were certainly merry....


3 comments:

Urquhart Family said...

Happy you had so much fun in NYC!! I love that city!! We do need to get together...I'd love to get the kids together as well. Owen would LOVE Ally...he just adores older kids.

But, if we need to drink Mommy Juice at night instead, I'm all for it...oh, how much wine can help calm the sanity! I'll let you know our next trip to Jax!

jane said...

Looks like a damn good time! That would be hilarious if you got all your memorbilia mounted or whatever. I would make fun of you so bad...haha

Stephanie said...

You got some great pics of the concert! I had fun with you ladies at the Treehouse. We will have to do it again.