We had a busy Labor Day weekend... Friday night, we had a rehearsal dinner... Saturday, a wedding... Sunday, an anniversary party... and Monday, we spent the day doing laundry, picking up the house and making baby food!
I went to Whole Foods on my way to the salon on Friday afternoon.... and bought a ton of fabulous organic fruits and veggies to make for Luke... but that meant, we had to steam it or bake it all while it was ripe! Of course, everything was ripe quite quickly, so we had to spend the entire day making food! We had about 30 trays in the freezer at one point. It was hilarious! We had to throw out our food to make room for Luke's food!
Here's what the results looked like when we were all done. I had to take a picture! I thought it was an impressive sight! Not to mention, we are proud of our handy work!
We have carrots, pears, plums, broccoli, apricots, peaches, peas, green beans, mango, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, squash, zucchini, cauliflower, apples, blueberries, spinach, and turkey pictured here! A feast!!!!
Luke is also eating yogurt with his morning fruit and oatmeal now days. We just started the turkey too... so he's getting more protein... ironically, he's also slept through the night the past couple day? Coincidence?
Most likely!!!
But, whatever... superstitious me will keep up with the protein addition just cuz I think it works! I look forward to feeding him fish and things like that. I remember Ally LOVING salmon and other fish. I absolutely refuse to steam and BLEND fish though. YUCK! He can wait until he can manage eating the real deal. It's soft enough.....
Speaking of which... the boy STILL does not have any teeth! He's like a couple weeks shy of 9 months and NO TEETH to speak of! What is up with that? Can I still start him on some soft finger foods around 9 months?
Bizarre. Ally had like four teeth by now!
Boys. I say again... they are just slow! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment