Kindergarten ROCKS! At least that's what Ally tells me. She had a GREAT day at Kindergarten today. We all got up extra early and were dressed and ready to go by about quarter after seven or so. Like a world record for our household! We all walked her to school... put Luke in the stroller and walked her down to the street. We live right in town in Concord, so school is just over a block away. We saw lots of people we know on the walk... it was pretty cool... like a big community event!!!
When we got there... we walked her right into the school and to her room. On a go-forward basis, we don't go into the classroom. That will be an adjustment! But, today we got to go in to her room with her and say goodbye. When we got to her room, we were learning the routine and we learned that she pretty much lines up and goes in her room immediately! So... she just lined up with the students and walked in! I had to ask her for a hug goodbye!!!! That's my girl. She was feeling strong, independent and so excited. She didn't even really need to hug her mommy goodbye....
But, I needed a hug!!!!
I didn't cry today. For some reason... when the teachers gave the students Class of 2021 t-shirts at Orientation, I got choked up, but not the first day of school. Go figure. I'm an odd duck!
Ally went to bed like a champ today... she seemed pretty wiped out... and she knows the sooner she goes to sleep... the sooner the SECOND day of Kindergarten comes! She is that excited about it....
Here are some pics from our girl's first day...
More pics on our Mobile Me Gallery!
Congrats on your big day Ally! We're so proud of you!
4 comments:
Yea Ally! We knew she would do great. I am jealous about the chocolate chip cookies at Nana's house....mmmmm....
If it makes you feel better... I didn't get any cookies! :-)
I would have cried. Way to hold up, Nicole. :) I get choked up just thinking about the day Reyna goes to school.
Adorable pic's. Glad to hear that she had a blast.
She sure looks excited...what a wonderful day for you to remember...By the time its Luke's turn, you'll be pros at letting them go...
Mom
Post a Comment