Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our Little Soccer Player...

Ally had her first soccer practice yesterday.... Scott went out Tuesday and bought her soccer cleats and shin guards.  At practice, they got their uniforms... how freakin' cute is this?




I was driving home from Chicago yesterday... so Scott took it on his phone and sent it to me.  You have to enjoy the fact that she is wearing a skirt!  Yes, it's a little skirt with shorts underneath, and it's kind of sporty... but still. It's a skirt!  :-)  She cracks me up...

But, the best part has to be the pink cleats!  Come on.... PINK ROCKS!  Especially in sports gear. They will be a fine addition to Ally's pink baseball glove and her pink baseball bat!

Ah... I'm home for a bit this morning.  Got home late from Chicago last night, so Luke and I are hanging together at home and I am going to go into work this afternoon.  Hopefully, I will be able to get showered and ready while he naps this morning! I do have a meeting I can't miss today... otherwise, I would probably stay home all day. I'm pretty wiped out.

But.... on a VERY positive note... Luke slept through the night last night!  The night before I went to Chicago was awful.... he was up not once, but TWICE!!!!!  This was after doing fairly well two nights in a row.... Then, Tuesday night, Scott said he woke up around 11 and had a bottle... but then slept through to 7:30.  Last night, he had is bottle at 7:00 pm... and slept until 7:00 am!  He did wake up a bit at 5:00 am... but he wasn't screaming and he went back to sleep!

So, hopefully.... this week is a turning point of sorts... cuz man... WE NEED SOME SLEEP AROUND HERE!

I had a nice, quick visit to Chicago.  Had a wonderful dinner with my friend Beth at Japonais.  And, my meeting was actually REALLY interesting and worthwhile... which was a good thing because I had no Blackberry or iPhone signal in the building, so I would have DIED without communication devices and a boring meeting..... HA!

I must go and feed the starving boy now.... he beckons!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

The soccer skirt is adorable!

Hudson still isn't sleeping through the night either... I don't have the heart to let him cry it out like I did Porter (he's such an easygoing guy... I think "Geez... the kid never complains about anything... why not just indulge him with that 3am bottle??). I'm sick of getting up though. Last night I reduced his bottle to 4oz and I'm going to try that for a couple days and then reduce it to 2oz. He was ticked last night though LOL!

It's A Wonderful Life said...

So cute! I bet that Scott is so excited about her following in his footsteps. What a great coach she has!

Urquhart Family said...

Congrats on Luke sleeping through the night...how awesome for you guys!! Ally looks ADORABLE...LOVE the pink!!

Leslie Collins said...

Love the soccer skirt and pink cleats! They rock.