On our trip down to Baltimore, we were lucky enough to be able to meet up and go out to dinner with my brother, Dave and my sister-in-law, Mary! They live in Frederick, Maryland... about an hour outside of Baltimore, and maybe an hour outside of DC as well? My brother works for Bovis Lend Lease as an engineer. He builds things. :-) So, he moves around a bit in the area for his job, depending on what he is building at the time! He has had projects right downtown in Washington DC, Georgetown and now he just finished a school in Rockville, MD and is starting in on a sports complex in the same city.
Anyway... they made the Friday night drive into Baltimore to go out with us... and we're so glad they did! We had a GREAT dinner, night out and got to catch up. We wish we could see them more of course, but it is always great to catch up with them and see what's going on in their lives!
We figure everyone has more interesting lives than we do! :-)
Here are some pictures from our night:




Yeah, the more you drink... the more interesting your picture taking gets! We had a good time though....
It was mine and Scott's last night in Baltimore. We packed up yesterday and left the hotel at a decent hour to grab lunch at the airport before we left. They should really improve upon the eating options at most airports, including Baltimore! We are so lucky here in Michigan... with the new terminal at Metro.... it has made that airport really one of the nicest in the country now. And I am a complete Chili's addict... I love to get the Southwestern Egg Rolls before I hop on a plane.... YUM!!!!
So.... we traveled home yesterday and made it to my in-laws in time to watch the majority of the Michigan State/Notre Dame game. WOO HOO! Go STATE! It was a pretty good game! Sorry the Fighting Irish lost to the might Spartans Sarah. Life is hard. :-) We had dinner with my in-laws, Jane and Grace and came home later last night. I was probably asleep before 9:00 pm! Exhausted!!!!!
Luke slept for CRAP last night... up at 3:00 am and 5:00 am. I must find a solution to this problem.... is something bothering him in his sleep??? He wakes up PISSED! It's not like he's just awake and wants a snuggle... the only thing that soothes him is a bottle!!! I am perplexed. We have tried letting him cry... so don't think I'm opposed to the "tough love." I'm so not opposed! He just NEVER stops. He will cry for hours......
I'm getting desperate though. I am starting to wonder if I should try a new formula. Ally was allergic to milk. Maybe he is too? Maybe he is having such a hard time sleeping because his tummy is upset? Maybe he confuses tummy pain with hunger?
All I know is we did the SAME things with him that we did with Ally and she slept through the night, 12 hours by 8 weeks of age.... and never looked back. She is still a solid sleeper.
He is SUCH a light sleeper! He pretty much wakes up if you make the slightest noise in his room. He doesn't necessarily wake up for good, but his eyes fly open and he looks up and smiles! What is up with that???
So..... I am reaching that point where I need some advice here! I need some guidance. Going to talk to the pediatrician at his 9 month appointment.... but any words of wisdom from any of you are always welcome as well!!!
5 comments:
Hmmmmm.....some guidance. Well, does he have a sound machine or a fan in his room? We use both with Reyna. Her sound machine stays on for about 15 minutes with a light show and then turns off. The fan goes all night. I think it helps drown out noise.
I would maybe try to switch formulas. All I can say is each and every child is so different. REyna has been a great sleeper and I am sure we have been spoiled and our next one will sleep like crap. It's crazy how different they are.
Good luck. Have you read any sleep books?
Looks like you had a great time in Baltimore. How fun that you were able to get away....I am envious. :)
He does have a sound machine and it stays on all night. He has had it since he was born as his room is right next to the kitchen and the noisiest room in the house.... and I have tried turning it off. So far, that doesn't seem to make a difference?
The formula... always worth a shot! I am starting to lean that way. Hard cuz we have him on Similac Organic... and we are kind of organic freaks like that. The only other organic option is much more expensive... but what is the price of a good night's sleep?
LOL!
Thanks for the advice!!!!
Um, I would try the babywise approach. She says to let them cry it out but to go in and pat and soothe him every few minutes but don't pick him up? I think I read that in babywise? Eventually you have to go in less and less. It will probably take a week of hell to break the habit. Doesn't hurt to try the formula thing.
The pat, pat... yes, that the Baby Whisperer... have tried a bit, but will try again.. trying anything and everything here. Someday the boy will sleep!!!
We had the same problem with Owen. He'd get up at least twice a night until he was 6 mos. We ended up stopping the feedings little by little...and just putting his binky in his mouth instead. Does Luke take a binky? (just asking cuz Ty will NOT!). We eventually let him cry...it lasted for an hour to an hour and a half for the first few days. I just stood on the other side of the door and cried myself! It was so hard for me. But, it worked. He started totally sleeping through the night...without any problems. I'm a huge fan of Baby Wise...and incorporated patting on the back too. Good luck...you deserve some sleep!!!
Post a Comment