Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cousins in the City...

So... last Sunday I traveled to NYC for work, for play, for Dave.  It was a great week!  The weather was perfect and I had the BEST time catching up with my cousin Sarah in the city she now calls home!

We met up Sunday afternoon as soon as I arrived and had a late lunch and wine to start the day out right!  We ventured down Fifth Avenue to check out the Apple Store... a stop at Tiffany's and Louis Vuitton... and we were well on our way to bankruptcy!  Just kidding. We did a lot of window shopping... absolutely NO purchasing!

We made our way down Fifth until we reached Rockefeller Center, where we took a little break for an hour or two. We just sat there in the midst of it all... chatted... people watched... took pictures of ourselves!

It was a great afternoon.....

Venturing back to the hotel, we readied ourselves for a wonderful dinner at one of my very favorite restaurants in the WORLD - Nobu... we dined on Shrimp Tempura with Spicy Sauce, Tuna Shashimi with Jalapeno, Shashimi Salad, and various veggies deep fried in goodness.  And... of course, martinis.  It was the week of martinis... truth be told....







That's US!  See all the different martinis we taste tested while in the Big Apple!  Oooohhh... one we never did try!  The Appletini!  A must do next time around.....

Ahhh... I can't wait to visit you again little cousin....  hopefully it won't be another two years before I am back in one of my favorite places on earth! 

Hugs to you....





1 comment:

Urquhart Family said...

5th Avenue....ahhhhhhhhh!!!