Saturday, September 27, 2008

Soccer Saturdays...

Ally had her first Soccer game this morning... it was a drizzly, chilly, foggy morning... but we pulled ourselves out of bed... and somehow got to the field on time for the 9:00 am game!  9:00 am Saturday morning is NOT EASY to do!  Truthfully, Scott left with Ally first to make sure she was there on time.  Luke and I were moving slower.  Aunt Jane and Grace met us at the field to cheer Ally on too.

Luke and I arrived just as the game was getting underway... I must say... it was mostly comedy watching the 4-6 year olds out there. Ally played offense the first two quarters, defense the third and offense again for the final quarter.  She was playing forward for the fourth quarter and when Scott would tell her to "get in there" (where the ball and action were) she would proceed to stop at the side of the field and explain to him just what she was supposed to be doing, according to her coach.  All the while the game has moved to the other side of the field...

And, while playing defense.... she pretty much just stood there and played with her ponytail.  Jane got a GREAT picture of it... 


Here are some great actions shots.... she did run and run and try with all her might... when she wasn't busy talking to those of us on the sidelines, waving to us, coming over to kiss Luke or Grace or fixing her hair.  She cracks us up...



Luke really enjoyed watching his big sister play soccer.  He especially enjoyed yelling... and spitting.  I think all the action was just exciting for him and he was happy to be in the midst of it all!


After the game... they have snack time.  I have learned that this is the BEST part of soccer when you are five.  Juice boxes and donut holes!  I was told that Ally put away like 22 of them.  HA!  I guess we know what's a hit when it comes our time to bring the snack!

** Update ** I forgot to mention.... the score of the game was 1-0! Ally's team won!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I laughed till I cried.....LOVE it...Go Ally!!!!! Scott, you just have to realize that you are no longer Ally's coach!! Just remember to bring hte donut holes (Hinkleys are best!)

Grandma Kathy