WARNING - BITCH POST........... (don't say I didn't warn you!!!!)
So..... it has come to my attention that I suck at managing our home. I am the mom. The wife. The woman. This is supposed to be my job right? And I'm supposed to have been born with that gene that makes me good at this shit... right???
When I went part-time, I thought for SURE I would have more time to whip up gourmet meals... my house would always be clean... my kids would always complete their homework in a timely fashion... and we would have plenty of time for FUN! Not to mention, I would have plenty of "me time" too right!?!?!
WRONG!
If I wasn't working part-time... we would be drowning.... because right now, we are barely treading water! Or so it feels right now..... (but it's a Monday so take me with a grain of salt people)
So, I leave each day in time to pick Ally (and now Luke) up for school.... 3:10 is Ally's pick up time... we drop Donnie off and scoop Luke by 3:30 most days.... or so it should work....
Not today. Today he will stay later, cuz Ally has gymnastics at 4:45, so she and I will do the coffee shop/homework routine without him. I will get him at 4:30. Then, he and I need to make a quick stop at the store... cuz I NEVER get to the grocery store (my choice, I know.... I hate it)... to get something to make for dinner....... and we will be home by 6 or so... and start dinner.... which is what time I used to get home when I worked full time so WTF?
But that is just today. Ally and Scott arrive home at 7:15 or so.... so we have a later dinner and it's plenty of time to cook. No time to get a damn other thing done... but time to cook, feed kids, bathe kids, put kids to bed... clean up from dinner... and then I am supposed to stay up and do all those other things, right?
WRONG! Neither Scott nor I are late night people during the week. Once the kids go down.. we pretty much pack it in for the night. There are very few things I can start doing that won't get me all wound up and prevent me from sleeping. I will be the first to admit... I get a solid 8 hours a night... at least. I need it.
Okay... then, there's Tuesday... no after school activities....... so we can be home early.. homework done.... dinner made... maybe some laundry... or a some picking up.......... oh no..... not tomorrow... tomorrow I have a girl scout leader meeting from 6-8............. so there goes the routine of that night. Scott will have to do bedtime alone... and we will have to hand the kids off or he will have to leave work early. Both shitty options......
But, some Tuesdays can be good................ this is just a venting post, remember!?!? ;-)
Wednesday.......... gymnastics at 4:00... so I pretty much, get Ally and Donnie, drop Donnie, Ally eats and changes in the car... scoop Luke and drop Ally before 4. Luke and I head home... Scott brings Ally home at 6. Not so bad...... I can make dinner.... Ally has to do homework later these days, so that can be challenging.......
Thursday... no work for me...... so technically I should spend the entire day doing things around the house and being a good person. Have I mentioned I'm not a good person? ;-) I really, really need to get better at this. I end up putzing my day away with Luke. Argue all you want that I should be doing that, he's only young once... yadda... yadda... but still......
AND WAIT!!!! This Thursday I have girl scouts anyway... so it's preparing for the meeting and running the meeting and trying not to get completely stressed over having 20 8 year olds depending on me for fun and happiness................... :-))))))))))))))))))
(I really do want to do this..... I am just nervous I'm gonna suck at it!)
So, then we have Friday......... another day at home... another day of accomplishment????
OH.... not this week..... (sensing a theme here?)...... Ally doesn't have school..... so I feel like we should do something special with the day..... and go somewhere...... cuz lord knows I don't want to be stuck inside with my children all day. Someoone might get hurt......
Which is part of the over-arching trouble...... when I do have down time.... I have my kids with me..... and kids aren't the most patient when it comes to hanging out so mommy can clean and do boring stuff....... (that frankly she doesn't even want to do so she really sucks at teaching you!)
I feel like I'm failing my kids in a way. That I'm not setting a good example. Teaching them to be really attentive to things.......
We run around like chickens with our heads cut off each morning trying to get everyone dressed, fed, teeth burshed and making sure we all have what we need to get out the door. Something is forgotten each and every day... and it's usually my stuff. Today it was my yoga clothes for my lunchtime yoga class..... I NEED my lunchtime yoga class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, since I am already ridiculously late to work cuz I had to take Luke this morning because Scott is incapable because he cried last week...... I stop and buy some clothes before coming to work. Early opening Target to the rescue! :-))
And it was worth it....... yoga rocks..... it saved my day.
But, I still feel like I need to do something at home to get on top of my life...... before I lose my mind........
WANTED: One Allice from the Brady bunch to take care of my house so I can just do what I want each day like Mrs. Brady.
:-)
2 comments:
I think we would all like an Alice :-)) Hang in there momma!
Alices ARE out there, but you would have to have sleeping quarters...which you don't. Dont get so stressed over this...you were born for greatness!
Post a Comment