We had a GREAT weekend! I am starting to free myself from the evil clutches of this freakin' cold... and we attended the Fall Family Festival Saturday and Sunday.......
I wasn't sure how it was going to go at the Festival Saturday. I knew Ally wanted to go and hang with her friends, but I had no idea if there would be enough to keep Luke entertained... boy were we in for a surprise! Luke absolutely loved it........ I am so glad we made a last minute decision to buy him a "ride all you can for one price" bracelet because he LOVED the kiddie rides!!! He just had the best time. We ate crappy food, had ice cream and super expensive lemonade.. it was everything a festival is supposed to be! ;-) Jane, Adam and the kids joined us for a bit, but Grace started to feel crappy and came down with a fever... so they had to leave sooner than they wanted. We stayed late into the evening... long enough to have some beers in the beer tent with friends while the kids came and checked in now and then. Of course, Luke had to hang with us. Scott and I took turns going out with him... and drinking. ;-)
Luke and Daddy played this Duckie game and Luke got a prize. Everyone gets a prize.... but Luke didn't know that... and pretty much thought it was the coolest thing ever. :-) His face was just so much fun to watch. He was just in awe of everything going on around him.
Ally was in her element. She had six of her friends there... and they just ran from ride to ride... riding everything non stop. She didn't even want to eat... she just wanted to have fun. It was so much fun watching she and her friends get hysterical on the Himilaya... that was one of their faves. That and the Paratrooper... here's a pic of Ally and Morgan on one of their faves......
Luke had a slow start... he had to watch Grace ride this one first... but then, he bravely gave it a go...
Ah.. the pure joys of carnie rides..... :-))))) I was proud of myself... I didn't even partake of an elephant ear as much as I wanted to. Saved my calories for beer. Now that's just smart thinkin'. :-)
Ally ended up sleeping over at Morgans' Saturday night. They ambushed us after a few in the beer tent... we were weak! So... Ally went the festival Sunday with the Manchesters... and I met them there in the afternoon. The girls rode a few rides... watched the Critter Man and Ally made some sand art. All in all... a great weekend of fun! I look forward to the festival again next year... now that I know how much the kids enjoy it!


1 comment:
I heard it was cold, so I wasn't so sure how much they would enjoy it. Glad it was a un time for all...including you and Scott!!!
Post a Comment