Well, I guess it's not THAT cold today, but is sure does feel like it!!! Today Ally only had a half day at school... and then she was off to play at two different friends' houses... and go to the Lumen Christi game with them. Our friends who live out here in Concord will bring her home (late as she will go to Hugo's after the game with the team) and that just makes life about as easy as pie on me this evening!
It's unbelievable how full Ally's social calendar can be. ;-)
Luke and I went to a work luncheon we had for United Way. We do it every year..... and every year it's like the first COLD day of fall. We grill and do a tailgate theme. So the little man was all decked out in his green and white. He was quite the hit at work. He got more "gifts" from people..... everyone game him candy. Cookies. Balloons. Pens. Little sticky pads. And a light up keychain. It was like Christmas. He didn't want to leave my office.... but then, as we left he looked up at me as we rode down the elevator and said "Daddy has more fun stuff in his office." :-)))))
NICE!!!!!!!!
I had a major salmon craving... so Luke and I made our way to Prime Cuts for some shopping... and headed home. I am feeling like complete shit (thank you cold virus!)... pardon my french... so we have done very little this afternoon and evening. Just achy and out of it. I talked to my Mom very briefly - who is home recovering from surgery and she is in a lot of pain today and feels like she's taking too many drugs... maybe I'm having sympathy pains for her. ;-)
I made an amazing dinner for myself and Luke and he actually LIKES salmon!!! We had salmon, angel hair pasta and green beans..... he ate more than he ever does.... so I was quite pleased.... now I am sitting her looking at the mess of a kitchen and have no desire to clean it. I greatly desire my pillow. Sigh.
I have had the Facebook app off my phone for exactly two days now... and while I miss it... the things I miss about it are silly. Yesterday when I was pulling out of the driveway to go get Ally, Luke says to me - "Mommy, when I grow up and get bigger than you will you still hold me and pick me up?" Cutest thing ever. I so wanted to post that. To status that. Instead I texted it to Jane... :-) She's going to be my Facebook status for a while.
Today I so wanted to status that I was asking for good vibes and prayers for Scott today as he takes the GMAT (is right now actually!!!!). Instead, I texted my sis-in-law, bro-in-law, mother-in-law, step-mom and friends... and ended up in conversations with some of them that I haven't talked to in a while. :-) I consider that a small victory.
I did not give up Facebook. At all. I still have an account... and I did get on it today to take a peek for two minutes. Since I never get on it on a real computer... I dont' have a clue what's going on with the whole new newsfeed... so I logged off. I will put the app back on my phone when I have detoxed a bit from it all... and when I can break myself of a habit of constantly checking it like it's the most important news of the day! And when I get in a better habit of calling and texting those most important to me directly with important news and not relying on Facebook for it......
Luke has said and done so many cute little things in the last 48 hours that I have wanted to share... and I need to remember to BLOG IT!!! (Thanks Jane!) I need to remember the Blog Press app on my phone and post the little things he says that just melt my heart or crack me up... cuz that kid is coming up with some doozies lately!!
This weekend (tomorrow) we are going to head over to the Fall Family Festival at St. Johns... it will be quite the social event for Ally as the girls have been working on coordinating when we all go all week. Nevermind what their parents might have in mind.... ;-) I haven't been yet... in all the years they have had it. I know my Mom has taken Ally in the past... and last year we were out of town for a wedding and Luke went with my in-laws ... but this will be my first year attending. Looking forward to seeing what it's all about and maybe watching my kids ride a ride or two. I guess last year Luke was pretty freaked out by the rides. :-)))))) I think he will do better this year.....
Well, it's getting close to bedtime for the little man... and lazy reading time for Me..... Scott is wrapping up the GMAT.... and I can't stop thinking about him and worrying for him. Quite a stressful way to end a super busy few work weeks for him. He has had a LOT going on at work lately.... the craziness of his job comes and goes... and I am looking forward to a little less craziness soon.... he needs a breather.
Happy Friday friends.... enjoy what the weekend has to offer!
1 comment:
Nina,,,
Love to read about your life...doesn't have to be anything big..just life!!!
Love you honey!
Mom
Post a Comment