We quickly determined he couldn't go to school and made the call to Nana and Papa asking if he could come over. Such a tough decision... I could have probably stayed home, but have four meetings at work.... one after and Ally's gymnastics to get to today.... not the best day to stay home and far too much to drag him around to. We are lucky to have grandparents as an option for those sick days... so he is there, taking it "easy" on their couch today... :-)
As I left him, he needed his goodbye kisses... and I cannot say no to such things... so the sickness may very well live on...... :-)))) Oh well..... it's what we do.
We have been trying to teach both the kids about not sharing cups, hand washing and avoiding germs in general as the cold and flu season approaches. Sometimes I feel like my kids (and me!) get sick more often than the average... but I know it's probably not true. Kids are petri dishes I tell you. Carrier monkeys. ;-)
So, I hope this little illness is short lived and Luke can get back to school tomorrow. Tomorrow night I have a Chamber dinner up in Lansing. I go to very few of these events lately, and really want to be able to go.. so I hope Luke is well enough to make me feel a little less than guilty about going.....
Ally had a birthday party this past weekend... a Survivor Theme! She had the best time... and yesterday, Amy (the mom of her friend who's birthday party it was!) called me just to share with me how amazing she thinks Ally is. She chuckled and said "can you believe this is the same girl who made you cry for days just a year ago??" She wanted to call and let me know that Ally is just as sweet and kind as can be... and that she is so thrilled that she is one of Kennedy's best friends. Wow. Way to warm a Mom's heart!!!! How awesome to hear from another Mom that I value how great she thinks my kid is. :-) I am super proud of my baby girl.........
Amy shared some pictures from the big party....





1 comment:
What a fun party. It sounds like Ally is doing quite well!!!
Hope Mr. Luke is feeling better.
Post a Comment