Monday, September 5, 2011

Sick of Being Sick...

I have been sick for about three weeks now.  I've complained little and tried to ignore it all for the most part.  I took Luke in for his cough just when I was starting my illness and the doc said a three week cold was going around... that was nasty. So.... I resigned myself to the fact that I too, had this three week cold.

It has been hell.

This weekend I hit the wall. Yesterday we did very little.  I pretty much did nothing.  Scott had a boys night out... and the kids were angels... Luke asked to go to bed at 7:30 and Ally watched a movie with me in bed and then we both passed out.  Scott slept downstairs upon his return... he said we both looked so comfy.

Today, I tried hard to be tough.  Went over to Jane and Adam's for a family dinner... powered through... but I feel like death.  Have a headache I can't get rid of. Chills. Aches. Pains. And I'm exhausted.  I'm just so sick of being sick and I pray it's all over soon cuz this is such a terrible time to feel this bad.

Tomorrow is parent's night at school.  I am really looking forward to hearing from Ally's teacher about what the year has in store for us... I love her already.... as does Ally.

Only a two day work week.... thank goodness... and some salon pampering on Thursday..... I hate feeling like I just have to make it through, cuz really my kids need me to be healthy more than work does. I am so sick on not having energy for them.  Feel like I'm letting them down... even though I know I'm not. I have forged on through it all. The only one who suffers really, is me.....

Maybe if I actually took it easy, I would get better, faster... but that's not my style. ;-)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

oh honey...I'm so sorry you're not well. You sure don't let on to it with all you do (Chicago, pool, school stuff) You need some down time....