This Thursday is my first Girl Scout (Brownie) meeting. HOLY CRAP!!!! :-) Myself and another super cool mom, are the co-leaders this year for our third grade brownie troop! It's going to be a huge learning experience... and I hope we don't let the girls down.
We have around 20 little girls signed up. 20 eight year olds. TWENTY! At any given time, we need at least three moms there for moral support. Kami and I don't know what we are doing quite yet. We had an area leaders meeting last night... and I will admit, I was ever-so-slightly overwhelmed! I am in the middle of taking a bunch on training courses... and still will have more to do. I didn't know some of them had to be done before tomorrow's meeting.
Then - there is the little issue of the council CHANGING everything! The way badges are earned... what they even do... and what they are called! So... while Kami and I had built this first meeting... and I was feeling so proud of us.... we can't even do it anymore cuz everything has changed.
Just when you feel on top of it... life bites you in the butt! :-)))))
No worries... new plan of action.... we will wing it! ;-)
I will be honest... I am worried about doing a good job. Especially in Ally's eyes. I want her to be proud of her mom, the troop co-leader... not mortified by me. ;-) So far, I have done good things in her eyes and she likes my involvement. I want this to further that feeling... not harm it. So, I am going in hopeful to only strengthen her and my relationship! Fingers crossed! I know I will certainly work hard at it.
Yesterday, as I mentioned, we had an area leaders meeting. It ran almost two hours long... and then, one of the other leaders (my friend Brook) and I, went to Daryl's for some wine an munchies. Much needed debrief on the whole meeting... since I couldn't follow everything and I was feeling clueless! She straightened me out on my issues... and we enjoyed a nice chat.... and some laughs. A brief and much needed girls' night.
When I got home (around 9:30) I went in and said goodnight to Ally. In a state of sleepiness, she said "Oh good... you're home.... I can sleep now...." Sweetest thing. :-) She was totally asleep... but in her mind, all was well with the world now that I was home. I love that she and I have only grown closer and closer over the past couple years since I have stepped down from the time I spend working...
Well, today is a little crazy. Of course, I get a big work assignment on my last day of the week, on a week I have something else major going on... so I am working frantically to accomplish that. And today... Scott has an after work committement.... I am totally gonna tell you... he's getting a facial... he regularly gets facials........ this is no joke! :-))))))) So, I have to take AND pick up Ally from gymnastics and I really wanted to make a decent dinner so I am toying with the idea of running home and making it in the hour I will have to do so. Hour home, hour round trip travel... gymnastics being two hours. Stupid? Maybe. Worth it for a good home cooked meal? Most likely!
I also have to get to the Girl Scout office to pick up a bunch of stuff........ and get a check to the school from the PTO for a fundraiser we are supporting. A working mom/troop leader/PTO treasurer's work is never done!!!!!!!!!
So far, feeling good and positive about it all though. Not feeling bogged down or overwhelmed. I bet it's my new App. :-))))))))))))
In other, not so uplifting news... Luke has totally taken a turn at the drop off for preschool. :-( He has started crying again... and this time, he's worse than when we first took him! Today, he was awful.... screamed.. grabbed on to my clothes and would hardly let go...they had to peel him off me. I had to pee something awful, so I was able to go there and that gave me an opportunity to still be around and hear that he had stopped.... but still. :( A huge bummer after he was doing so, so well.
We need to push on through though...... cuz he will be okay and not sending him is not an option. Not to mention, it simply validates his feelings of fear or whatever he is going through by sending a message of "OH! Mommy isn't making me go anymore? I must have been right to be so scared!" Sometimes, being the mom means making the hard decisions... and powering through. Teachable moments. All teachable moments. :-)
Here's hoping it gets better though... cuz he is breaking my heart piece by piece each morning.....
2 comments:
I know it will get better honey (about Luke). Have you considered crock pot meals...yummy beef stew or chicken can be cooking while you are at work!
Love you
Mom
I experienced the same thing when we moved to PA, Nicki. The boys were a little teary the first few days...and then they were fine. About a week later, Ty cried big tears when I left....which of course made me sob. It lasted a week...maybe a little more. And then I started picking him up "too early"! ;-) It will get better! You're a great mom...don't ever forget that!!!
Post a Comment