Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Manic Mondays....

Ally and I started a new routine for our Manic Mondays yesterday.  Each Monday Ally has gymnastics at 4:45 pm. She gets out of school at 3:10.... so we have some time in between.  I decided that the best use of this time would be for her and I (and mabye Luke - toying with leaving him at St. Mary's longer on Mondays) to go someplace, enjoy a snack and sit and do her homework.  We decided that we are going to go to someplace new each week for as long we can until we run out of places.  :-))))

Yesterday, she chose Starbucks... she enjoyed a chocolate drink that was coffee free... and some almonds for her snack. I enjoyed a Spiced Pumpkin Latte (YUM!!!)... and we sat and did her homework together.

It was ridiculously peaceful...... and perfect!!!!!  She did her handwriting sheet.... I quizzed her on her spelling words and then on her math facts. We spent a solid hour, just her and I totally focused on homework, our days, and our tasty beverages!  I think I am going to love our Monday tradition!

It would go much better if I didn't pick Luke up until afterwards.  It was so nice to have that one on one time and that focus for her.  Luke gets a lot more of that kind of time with me that she does..... we have two entire days a week together, without her. So, she deserves that kind of time too. And NEEDS it!

I just really enjoyed that time of peace in the midst of a day of work.... and then, running to get her to the gym... and get Luke and then, home to make dinner and go about our evening.  It is going to be a great little routine.

We want to try Bigby... Panera... The Jackson Coffee Company... Cafe Lila... Anna's (if they are open at that time)... and any other snack/coffee shop type places.  Any others come to mind????

After dropping the girl at the gym... I headed home to get the boy.  He was still sleeping when I got there at 5..... and had been since around 1..... he slept his day away... and woke up still burnng up.  I took him home and I just put him in my bed and he literally laid there and watched DVDs for the rest of the evening.... and at some point... his fever broke... and his energy came back and he was the same old Luke just like that!!!  It was a 24 hour bug to the hour..... and as quickly as it came, it was gone!

This morning, you would never know anything hit him...... he was as happy as can be... and fine with going to school!  His teacher told me that he might get some different bugs here in the beginning as it's his first time in a preschool/daycare situation.... but if they come and go as quickly as that one did... we can cope.  :-)

This evening I am headed to Lansing for a glimpse into my previous work life.  :-)))))  I am attending a dinner with lots of wonderful people I used to and still work with.... and am looking forward to using that part of my brain and public affairs awesomeness.  :-)   Should be a good, good night.......

Later gator.......

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You sure seem to have it together, daughter of mine. Did I ever tell you how proud I am of you?
Mom