Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mid Week Update...

It has been a busy week!  I would like to say this isn't typical... we will get into a nice, steady routine soon and all will quiet down. But... I know that is a crock of crap!  :-)  Life is busy and full... and while overwhelming at times... it is how we roll at the McIntosh house.....

Monday, Ally had gymnastics... and we actually had a "typical" evening. I will usually drop her off after picking she and Luke off and going somewhere so she can do her homework for a bit. This is one of the stresses of living so far out of town... I can't really run home in between.... and it's still a lot of time to "kill" so I have decided that after getting Luke, we will go to Panera, Starbucks, Tim Horton's or someplace... where Ally can have a snack and can do her homework (or at least some of it).  She has gymnastics at 4:45 and is done at 6:45 so I can drop her off and head home then, because Scott will get her afterwards and bring her home.....

So, this Monday... I went home and made dinner... .and when Ally and Scott got home, we were able to eat right away and it was a super peaceful night. Coming home with just Luke is nice.... no bickering... he is in the best moods after school and happy to see me and help with dinner.

OH --- and Ally got her back handspring Monday!!!! A super exciting, awesome accomplishment for my girl!!!!!!!!!!!  :-)  At this point, she should be able to add it to her floor routine because her first meet isn't until March, so she has PLENTY of time to perfect it!

Tuesday was a bit hectic... and I was more than a bit frazzled..... I picked the kids up and we stopped at Nana and Papa's to release the butterfly that they had.  Nana didn't want them to miss it... and unfortunately, it had to be a super quick trip cuz I had to get home... get the kids cleaned up, fed, and dressed for pictures that evening!  All while trying to get myself ready too.

It was not the best afternoon/evening.  Tension was high and the kids really react to that.... acting out and generally making everything harder than it should be. I was not the best mommy and made some bad parenting choices and yelled. Ugh.  Then, I beat myself up about that after the fact...... hard to be on your game all the time as a mom.........

But pictures went better than I could have imagined... at first anyway!  Luke is completely able to be bribed with skittles.  The promise of skittles brought smiles and I imagine, some great shots from Nicole!  I know the kids shots turned out great... I am less than confident about the family shots..... but she works magic and makes us look good.....  :-))))

Then, I had to bust over to the gym for a parent meeting....... and then, busted home in time to put the kids down.... and have dinner around 9:00 pm.  Not the best.

Scott is super busy at work and stressed to say the least. He is also taking the GMAT next week as he has to officially enroll in a masters program and get his masters of science in taxation.  Yes. Taxation.  :-)  He has a huge project.... and the GMAT hanging over his head... so he got up super early and went into work and I got the kids ready to go on my own.

Oh.  My.  Sweet. Baby.  Jesus.

Not fun.... at all!  Scott is my morning guy!  Not having him there shows me how much he does in the morning!!!!  I get up at 5:30 and it's still not enough time to get myself, Ally and Luke dressed, ready and fed before leaving by 7:30.  UGH! Super stressful morning. Hate, hate, hate when days start out like that!

I have to shower, do hair, makeup and get ready. Say what you will... no choice about it for me. That's just who I am.  Do not leave the house without makeup and hair done.  Accept me or leave me.  ;-)  Ally has to get dressed... have her hair done.... brush teeth.... and have breakfast.  Luke, get dressed, brush teeth and have breakfast.  Then, I remember I didn't make their lunches last night...... so I scramble to do that.  Double check that Ally has her notebook signed... her gymnastics clothes... that Luke has blankie... and we are out the door.........

All the way into town... Ally is quizzing Luke on shapes.  All the way home yesterday, they did colors. They have their moments where they are pure joy.  I wish I had more of these.  ;-)

I drop Ally first... she gets out of the car.... and I watch 6 or 7 girls come running, so happy to see her... and all engulf her in a giant hug.  Mommy tears.  My little girl is so happy.  :-)  I love her girlfriends....

Luke and I head to school.... and for the second day in a row, he gives me three hugs and three kisses and walks away.... his choice... "bye Mommy!" And off he goes.  He is so happy at school and my heart just swells with happiness for him.

I get in the car and drive to work - the most relaxing part of my day so far - with such a sense of peace for how happy my kids are in their respective schools for the day.  :-)

Tonight I have a PTO meeting at Queens... and then.... THEN.... a much needed, deserved, earned and loved... night out with some girls... some sushi ... and some wine.  :-)  And tomorrow, while Luke is at his field trip... this Mommy is getting a massage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Work hard... play hard... relax!!!!!!!  :-)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So does Luke go to school on field trip days? Thats good that he doesn't miss out.
I hear ya about living out of town..must be rough.
Mom

Baci said...

Holy Smokes Nikka..reading about your day makes me want to turn around and go back to bed and jump to the next day. Tell Scott he is in my prayers for his testing etc and exhausting job also...and tell Ally...I just can't get mags...had to get one from Gene and I'm piled to the sky with unread magazines. Love you all...xoxox Baci