Grace is here spending the day with us today! Luke was so excited to see her... and they are off. Playing in the basement and having a great time already. I love listening to their laughter, their conversation, and how they interact with one another!
Both Grace and Luke are in preschool now.... and since I only work part-time, they won't spend entire days together everyday anymore.... so I am going to try to have Grace here at least every other Thursday for them to hang out. They will enjoy their time together even more now!
Luke is telling her about school.... Grace doesn't start until next week, and I'm sure she has mixed emotions about it just as Luke did. But she will rock and it's so important for her too! Luke always points out her school when we drive by it, in a very matter of fact way. It's pretty cute.
Yesterday when I picked Luke up, his teacher just gushed over him... said he is just "so sweet..." and then sadly said, "he won't be here tomorrow, will he?" :-)))))) Nope.... it's Mommy's turn. Everyone likes to spend time with Luke. He's a sweet boy who really captures your heart. I'm glad he's already done that with his new teachers.
Today we are gonna lie low at home... we are waiting for a delivery (a spinning bike - long story will write about later) and I am trying to get this place picked up! Summer is catching up with us. We have been on the go, go, go all summer - as it should be - but my poor household has surely suffered as a result. I never do a full organizing pick up before cleaning lady day... I just shove stuff places. I hope we have some down time this weekend so I can actually do some deeper organizing.
But not today.... after we pick Ally up at 3... we are heading to the pool! It's gonna be a high of 87 at 4 pm.... and the pool closes Monday... so we need to enjoy it while it lasts!
Happening NOW - - - Luke and Grace are getting dressed... they had a question and both came out here naked..... I am laughing at them...... Grace helped Luke pick out what he's gonna wear.... this should be interesting... but no more so than the hippo pj bottoms (shorts) and santa long sleeved pj top Luke picked out last night. Add to that the fact that the top was Ally's last year and is a size seven and he was quite the sight!
So... pool time later... Scott will golf and join us after.... some dinner and drinks out there, a good, good night.... :)
Happy Thursday friends! (and Grandma!!!!)
2 comments:
Nika.. I sure love reading your posts...I need them dailey, like my Young and the Rest of Us...they are so full of adventure..fun, and laughter...I can visualize all this and it takes me back to mom and her siblings...love Gram
Glad to see you keep Grandma amused...me too...Love you..Enjoy!
Mom
Post a Comment