I had to work Friday to make up for one of the days I was off.... and I will also have to work next Thursday. I already had appointments this past Thursday, so working both those days this week was not an option. So, that's how things worked out.
A couple days of work. A couple days home with a sick kid. One day of total pampering (hair appointment, lunch alone and a massage). And this weekend, we have had our friend Tony in from Chicago to hang. We haven't done anything special.... went out to eat.... shared some wine, conversation and laughter... and laid low. A great weekend really. A nice cap to the week. And Bristow is here too..... the kids love her.
I got back to Saturday yoga this weekend. I have missed it so much. I also discovered a great yoga DVD and have been doing it a ton on the days I don't get to a class. It's not as good, but a close second... and it helps me on the days that I miss it so. I have become a true yoga addict.
I continue to get to the chiropractor three times a week... and am continuing on my road to health and complete wellness.
I have spent some time today taking a look at my summer wardrobe.... and I got a new bathing suit that I adore from Garnett Hill. LOVE IT! Four weeks from yesterday, we leave for West Palm Beach in sunny Florida. I cannot wait. Spring break here we come! I am over winter..... and ready to bust out some crops, skirts, and sandals. Summer cannot come soon enough for me............
Girl Scout cookies come in this week.... so if you ordered any, they arrive Tuesday and I will be contacting you to collect the money and making deliveries! Good times.
Next weekend I have a girls' weekend out at Duck Lake with some girls.... I am trying to decide if I can do both nights or just one.... mommy guilt always kicking in..... and some wife guilt too. ;-) I should just take the weekend. It would be nice. We have to see. And I really think I am going to drive in for yoga on Saturday, which makes me slightly crazy.... but as I said, I am an addict now.
A full week ahead..... normal routine and an extra work day. Some evening activities and some craziness. I would never have it any other way.
Work has been wonderful lately. I have a newer boss and she and I are making some great strides in the major project we are working on.... and in addition, she inspires me in a way previous bosses haven't inspired me for years. She and I have had some great chats lately.... and I feel really grounded and calm and HAPPY at work. This is such a good, good thing. So important to me because I take great pride in my work... and I want to feel fulfilled. And I really do these days..... that feels great. It doesn't matter how little or much of my time I spend working, I am just one of those people that needs to be fulfilled and happy and I always make that happen.
The kids are great. Healthy.... anxious for spring too. We all just seem to have a bug to get out! Get on the trail. Get outdoors. Get to the pool! Luke can't stop talking about the pool and it's adorable. We won't be able to do a big summer trip this year, so we are fortunate to have the Club as an option for "getting away" when we can. It really does make a huge difference. Worth every penny for our summer enjoyment.
So much to look forward to. I love it. I love lots of plans and looking forward. Happy days.
In meditation this week, my instructor made a comment about how it is so hard to feel as though we are blessed..... I was so confused by this statement.... because I feel blessed every day. Each day I take time to count my blessings. Recognize my many, many blessings... and I am lucky enough to have too many to count. I feel thankful and blessed all the time. All the time. I have no problem feeling that I am blessed.... and for THAT I am thankful.
Count your blessings today and everyday blog friends. You ARE blessed in countless ways. I know it. And, if you aren't feeling particularly blessed.... give me a call and I will make sure you have something to feel good about. That's why I am here in your life.
Blessings blog friends. Have a wonderful week.......
1 comment:
I would love to know what your yoga dvd is. I've been thinking about trying yoga, but I'm not quite ready for a class. I would be willing to try a DVD though.I also ordered my bathing suit from Garnet Hill, and love mine too!
Post a Comment