I just read the most perfect post from Momastery. It IS PERFECT! Glennon and I are the same age... (well, I am a few months older) and she said something that made me want to stand and shout "AMEN GIRL!!!!"
Needs and Gifts
She said that she loves getting older...... she is more at peace now than ever. A-FREAKIN'-MEN!
I feel the exact same way. I love 36... and I anticipate I will love 37, 38 and even look FORWARD to 40... in stark contrast to how I felt when I was 29 and had a complete FREAK out about turning 30!
She also talked about parenting different ages and how we are all good at different parts........ wow...... what a huge sigh of relief! Cuz I feel that way too!!!!!!! And I mostly thought that just made me messed up........
So many mommies love the baby age..... love babies...... and I often feel broken because I don't. I just don't. I said it out loud and I am not ashamed. I loved my babies when they were babies... don't get me wrong...... but I LIKE them better now. I just do! And that doesn't make me a TERRIBLE person.
Because Glennon said so. ;-)
I love the blog world. I wish everyone would blog more and MORE HONESTLY.......... without fear of judgement.
I feel better every time I read someone's truth. I love reading about your kids.... your every day wonderful moments..... but I ADORE reading about the REAL you...........
I challenge you to share something REAL (that possibly makes you feel broken) on my comments today.....I bet more people will jump up and shout AMEN GIRL than you ever thought possible.
4 comments:
I DO feel broken...about being 56 and NOT having a secure financial life...but I look on the bright side to say I have health, love and happiness...and lots of family who care!!!
Amen Mom :-)
I am the same way... I don't love the baby stage. I totally said it out loud Girls Weekend... I so dread the baby stage because they are SO NEEDY and I so don't like needy HAHA! I have always said, even though the 1st year goes by SOOO fast and you always look back and wish they were that small again, but I always have said I wish the first year went by in weeks... like babies were a month old for one week. And 2 months old for a week. And 3 months old for a week... HAHAH! Then the first "year" would be over in 3 months! YAHOO!
And I completely give you an AMEN on REAL and HONEST blog posts. I have been trying lately to get back out of my shell and be more honest. It used to come so easy for me. But lately I find that I hesitate to write my true feelings out on my blog, or to write about the rough times. Hmm. I think a post is in order for tonight. Kids were a-holes. :) But yes, I love reading about peoples kids and their good, positive focus on life, but let's be real. We all have shitty days, shitty moods and things that piss us off as well as times we just feel inadequate and alone. And those are the posts I relate to so much and really admire people for posting.
Oh, I so agree!!!! I loved my kids when they were babies...and look back on them with fond memories. But, wow do I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE their independence so much more!!! I see women with newborns and think they're so cute & adorable...and am SO FREAKING HAPPY that it's not me!!!!! ;-)
Post a Comment